• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Moustache bar for engine urgent

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67westy

Reaction score
Hi, I need a rear hanger (I think thats the right name for it) for the engine. The bit that the rear engine mount attaches to (see pic).

I need this for sunday so I'm hoping someone might have one I can pick up on saturday. Will be travelling from Lincoln to Birmingham and then back to Skegness so anywhere in that kind of area is doable :)

Cheers!

hanger.jpg

I have one from a 79 bay that is in my garage, I am in Lincoln on saturday aswell.

That's if they are the same on an early....

Thats the wrong mount for a 67, you need whats referred to as a moustache bar fiited to 68 -71 model year buses if you've got an upright Type 1 engine, the one shown is for a type 4 engine.

Browny: Thanks for the offer but from Grahams reply it sounds like it wont fit :( Probably explains why the one that's on looks like it's been beaten.

Graham: Cheers for the info!

I might have to fabricate something to do the job, I don't suppose you have a picture of what it should look like?

Adam

found a picture (stolen from another thread) I presume this is the bit I need then:

HPIM2843.jpg

We have one left before another 30 arrive next week.

Only thing is we're in Sussex!!

They're £50inc. VAT plus P&P

Thanks for all the offers (and the loan of the pic matt!) I'm getting one posted up from southernkombiparts now. Shame none of them were a bit nearer to me :)

Latest posts