• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Parts - First Bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kateagries

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I am restoring my first bus. I have a 1970 LHD Early Bay.

I wonder if anyone could help me with some parts?

Im looking for:

Petrol tank

Front Lights - I presume i need RHD ones even though I have a LHD bus to make them legal in the UK - The bus is from Washington?

Rear lenses - I was going to use the reverse lights as the indicators.

Front wipers.

Well that's it for the moment.

Any help or advice would be great!

Thanks
Kate

Hey Kaye welcome aboard. For the lights I bought a just kampers conversion under 40 quid I belive.

Lee....

Got a couple of petrol tanks in stock, £45 each.

We are in Solihull so not far from you,

Tomorrow is no problem, there will be someone in from 8.30 to 5.30, Dave Smith as in from Tamworth and owns the Crossover Westy?

Yeah that right! I was looking at the Midland forum and his bus is on there!
Thanks for the tank I'll send my chap Ant over with some cash tomorrow. When we took the tank off it collapsed and was full of seeds! What a find hey ! :D

For lights i got a pair of 7" H4 Autopal (New) bulb light units off a guy on ebay for £28 (use the original surrounds) you can buy Hella replacement ones but they are £80 a pair and direct replacement.

For the back use the indicators as you say, two amber bulbs and about 4 metres of wire to sort your brake lights

job done :D

Hi Nugsy

I have hit hold if some lamps and kept the original rims for the lights. Thanks for the advice!

Johnandkatrina-yes like the idea and it is my plan to keep the rear lights as plain red hower the lenses are smashed so just need to find some laplacemnts.

Latest posts