• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Rear bumper for 72 x over

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sambadeluxe

Reaction score
Anyone have a good un?
Ideas on £ welcome
Did i see a post a while ago for someone fabricating overriders??

Ben

have a new van on its way from sunny Cali!

i never knew 72XO`s had a one year only rear bumper until talking to a trader at bristol volksfest.Apparently the spacings are different.The trader was FBI Don`t know if he still has it

im probaly wrong but i thought the bumper was the same, but it was the brackets that were different on the crossover rear bumper.

i was lookig for ages for some 72 crossover rear bumper brackets, got some in the end & had to pay top doller for them. baj :D

It's the brackets I needed replacements the only place I could find was alan schofield @ £47 each. I've got new SS bumpers so the originals which are a bit battered are available. Got a strange rear bumper that is also a tow bar that was grafted onto the bus on a big cylindrical thing. Anyway no idea what the bumpers are worth. :shock:

think i have one on its way over from the states, but thankyou all for your responses- interesting to find out the lowdown on the bumper bracket situation and get a definitive answer- bet this confusses a lot of people?

Thanks

Ben

As i understand it is the bracket that is different, saw some on parts emporium a little while back.

When i heard they were different and hard to get i took mine straight off for a wire brush down and a lick if hammerite! :lol: