• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted, rear euro bulb holders for 68 bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernie

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Anyone got some rear bulb holders (euro spec) to fit 68 bay. Finally decided to change form the US spec ones my bus has and be safe on the roads with amber indicators.
Only looking for the bulb holders and want to retain the full red lens but upgrade to amber led indicator bulbs. Took mine apart and realised I only have the single bulb type and need the double euro spec if that makes sense.
Anyway let me know what you've got.

Cheers

Bernie

I've got some genuine ones at the back of the garage and, by what I remember, they're in average condition.

Hi Chad,

Great, any chance you can dig them out and send me a pic. Also let me know what you want for them.

Many thanks

Bernie

I don't think you're going to achieve much of a safety improvement if you're keeping the red lenses - amber LEDs are still going to look red when flashing, and all you'll achieve is moving the location of the flashing bulb. Do you have reverse lights? Most people would convert these to indicators if you wish to retain the red lenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really sorry Bernie - there's just one US spec one there.

It's a couple of years since I put stuff in that box so I guess my memory isn't what it used to be.

No problem, thanks for looking.

As for the safety issue I found a thread on the split screen van club where the guy has found some led bulbs that are amber,
(here's the link - http://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=109140) there is a video of his lights and when they flashed they were strong enough that the light was still amber even through a red lens. If I can achieve this that would be great. If not I will go down the reverse light path. :D

Latest posts