• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED: Westfalia double bed for pop-top

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dp

Reaction score
WANTED

Double bed (for 2 children) found in non-US 68-74 Westfalia pop-tops. Anyone able to help?

Cheers,
Dan.

..... like that in the illustration below ......

208478.jpg

these dont come up very often -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Camper-Roof-PopTop-Westfalia_W0QQitemZ260173264044QQihZ016QQcategoryZ36798QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just a note, the bed doesn't look conplete to me, worth asking, looks like the flap bit is missing.
Ron

Thanks - not sure if they made two styles of bed, one with and one without the flaps. Anybody know for sure?

I've asked for a picture of the underside of the bed which will hopefully reveal all .....

I have one of these in my van, looking at the picture it looks like the flap is missing. I can see the indents on one of the pics so i am sure it should have one. Good luck, Daz

I made one for ours, it's very easy to do! It's just a big sheet of plywood and two little brackets bend from flat steel.

In total it cost about £30, including the foam and covering.

At the moment our eldest is still small enough to fit up there comfortably without needing the extra flap. When she grows a bit I'll add to it.

There's some plans on the net that inspired me to do it but i'm struggling to find them at the moment. It gave all the angles to make the brackets to etc. I didn't follow them exactly 'cos it was such an easy task.

Latest posts