• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

wanted. wide 5 hubcaps, preferred NOS - rusty is OK, but not dented

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluesnailman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi

Looking for 3 of these. I'm going to paint them, so need not be perfect, but need to be solid enough to be sanded down. Proper indented VW as on the NOS caps preferred.

thanks

I've got 7 or 8, I think all of them are genuine, they are rusty, will take some pics this morning for you

Cheers

I had mine powder coated. Wasn't certain how they'ed come out at first but very pleased with the result.
I used some cheap nasty Taiwan hubcaps that I'd had in the loft for about 10 years that had gone rusty.

I recently bought another set with the big logo via facebook a while ago for £20 delivered that I need to collect from the coaters next week along with the wheels from my Puck. They only charge £20 for the caps which I think is a bargain compared to the time and effort for me to do myself,never mind the materials.

What I'm getting at is there isn't a need to spend loads on OG caps as once painted or powder coated you can't tell the difference.

i have a set of 14 inch wheels and original caps that are coming off my bus soon... caps are in really good shape as far as I can see...
Jon

I have four, rusty but not dented. I think they are for wide five, they came with my crossover when I got it, but don't fit the late wheels.

Let me know if you still need some, I'll dig them out and get some photographs if you do. :?:

Cheers, Nobbly

thank you people - Marshy, let me know what you've got - thanks

Kemp, thanks for advice, I'll look into having them powder coated - I was going to go down the road of painting them myself, but good idea (and yes I want same colour as you have - original photos of camper have them in grey.

Nobby, can I hold you in reserve, if they're good then maybe sell them to some who isn't going to take the finish off them...?

Tried pm you but won't go though, can you send me email address so I can send pics, cheers

Latest posts