Warm gear selection

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpp123456

Reaction score
Noticed recently that the gear selection on the van gets worse once the engine is warm. Gears are fine when 'cold' but can get difficult to select, sometimes crunch and are particularly vague, especially 1st and 2nd after 20/30 mins or so. Any ideas why this is?
Cheers Ross.

Usually its the other way round mate !

Have you changed the oil in the gearbox, mine was horrible when I did it, maybe do it a couple of times and put some slick 50 in as well , worth a try :D

mine does this occasionally when selecting 1st when the engines warm. it's fine with every other gear though & doesn't do it all the time.

No havent touched the clutch recently although it was new last spring. Will look at the oil and check the clutch adjustment, thanks for the suggestions.

No, only noticed it recently. Will check with the garage when they last did some work on the van whether they went near it. Cheers.

I had something similar when I was running a modded engine with a stock SP cooler. I assumed that heat-soak was causing the problem - either possibly in the clutch, causing drag or even in the gearbox itself.

I switched to a TP cooler and it has been fine ever since.

J

Latest posts