WARNING check your statement!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kev mc

Reaction score
a word of warning to all. recieved my bank statement today and seems that heritage vw have billed me twice for the same delivery. just wondering how often they get away with this, as i dont usually check the bank statement.
not a small amount neither just shy of £300........
you have been warned

Kev, this is obviously a mistake mate, did you call them before you put this up?

I know there are some bad companies out there but i would hope to think that heritage would not be out to double charge like that, especially for £300.

I'm sure you will get your wonga back ;)

Yes no doubt they will sort it. Just more of a warning to check your statements from your bank. I normally don't but was just sorting out business accounts and noticed this anomalie. This order was three weeks ago so I'm guessing there accountant overlooked this too.

I would have a call from the bank if someone tried to take 300 twice as there's cack all in there lol

yeah my bank used to call me and let me know if an unusual spend happens, but as i spend lots with places like heritage ,JK,auto craft etc i guess it did not set an alert even though the amounts were exactly the same down to the penny and with minuets between :roll:
i have no doubt whatsoever this was not intentional and am sure its just a clerical error but just to reiterate my point , its worth checking your statements just in case.
i think the reason was due to one order was a www. order which the website failed and prompted me to phone, and the second was through telesales. just a bummer when no one picked it up there end as both orders were sequential.

I thought everybody checked their bank statements :?

Its an absolute must IMO.

Mistakes occur. A couple of years ago a company selling classic car parts accidentally put somebody elses purchase through on my card details.

Also card skimming does still happen. My sons card got skimmed at a filling station last year - fortunately the bank picked up an unusual purchase in eastern europe and phoned him up to query it.

Trikky2 said:

Mistakes occur. A couple of years ago a company selling classic car parts accidentally put somebody elses purchase through on my card details.

Also card skimming does still happen. My sons card got skimmed at a filling station last year - fortunately the bank picked up an unusual purchase in eastern europe and phoned him up to query it.
yes deffo agree, we are with wanklays and you don't get statements anymore, unless you beg them for one. we had our card cloned some years back and was fleeced to the sum of around £5500 if my memory serves me right. they found out as a purchase was made in fuengirola Spain two mins after i filled with fuel in kent. so in hindsight, yes i should be more vigilant :roll:
this thread was not in any way to slag any one off, just to not be slack (like myself) and check your statements :D

spoke to heritage today and big apology and refunded straight away. top marks to them :D

Trikky2 said:

I have always religiously checked by bank statements and credit-card statements, since I first opened a student bank account in 1979; cross-referencing details against check-stubs, ATM receipts, credit-card receipts, etc. Any apparent inconsistencies are questioned.

unfortunatley we do not get paper statements anymore since our bank merged, the misses thought i was checking it and vise versa. we have this pinsentry device thingy, looks like a calculator, and its a bit of a pain in the butt....

kev mc said:
unfortunatley we do not get paper statements anymore since our bank merged, the misses thought i was checking it and vise versa. we have this pinsentry device thingy, looks like a calculator, and its a bit of a pain in the butt....

aren't they ever.... :evil:

Latest posts