Water droplets on the inside

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VW van man

Reaction score
Hi people I am after some advice!

I have a 68 panel van with no interior and only a head lining in the cab, I have not used her for a while and got in her the other day for a little run around and found lots of rather large droplets on the roof in the back.

How can I prevent this??

It's condensation, you can't eradicate it completely just try and reduce the amount of moisture in the air.
Stop all water leaks (dodgy window rubbers or missing door seals) or keeping damp stuff in the van, and a bit of ventilation helps.

I've the same prob. At least i did till i got mine in the garage and opened the windows for venterlation .
U see mine has no door seals as ts just been sprayed new seals are the next purchase.so i guess either good door seals outside or get it in the dry is the key.
So question... When your storeing a bus inside for the winter ( dry garage window open at back to let air flow through ) is it best to shut it up or open doors n windows to let air in ?

Could try silica bags, they absorb condensation

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0046EX9R2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck n merry Xmas
Gary

I read about the big bowl of rice idea a while ago too, and scoffed at it, I admit. Then I bought a couple of bags of Sainsbury's cheap stuff for 44p a bag, dried it thoroughly in the airing cupboard, and shoved it in the van in an old Rose's tin. And bugger me if it isn't doing a grand job. I change it weekly - swap it over for a new freshly dried batch and stick the old stuff back in the airing cupboard.

I can't see it working where there is a lot of moisture, but in normal conditions it seems a cheap and effective solution.

In case you are wondering, my van is under two covers (a JK on top of a thicker breathable jobby) and sits on the drive. :D

Amazon have a good selection of re-useable silica bags .just dry them off in a microwave. try Thomar 604100 car Dehumidifier airdry set B0020REY at £14.99 or Thomar 5217007 car Dehumidifier Air dry B000XUPEJY at £12.64. Got both to give it a try after i fit my new door and window seals, fed up with that damp feeling, OH NO its my leg bag it needs emptying !!! :lol:

If bus is in a garage, keep the windows open, i don't have any condensation issues. Lucky to have a garage though..

Thanks for all the options. Just replaced both front door seals, a few bags of salt and quarter lights cracked open. Lets see how we go with that to start.

Do you put your cover or your bus when in the garage??

I keep my van in a storage barn over the winter (Nov till Feb) and keep a couple of those moisture traps in it. I empty them out and re fill when i go and check the van (about once a month) dont leave the windows open or you are trying to collect the moisture from the outside air.
Dont get any damp problems.

Latest posts