Weber 34 ict carbs.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

66nige

Reaction score
Well after not being able to sort the flat spot on my bus i decided to bite the bullet and buy a set of 34 ict webers. I ordered these from Eurocarb with a free CSP bellcrnk linkage upgrade jetted for a 1600. The transformation is fantastic, it's like driving a different bus to be honest. The downside to these kits is you can't just fit them straight out of the box. The manifolds were shocking, not even flat on the gasket faces. The holes were too narrow for the studs to go through and needed opening out. To top all this the clearance between the manifold and the stud nuts were that close you couldn't even tighten the stud nuts up. After lots of "fettling" we were sorted and the carbs were suprisingly easy to set up. We ended up using cap screws on the manifolds for clearance and easier removal if required.
All in all a good upgrade but don't expect an easy "straight from the box" upgrade because it sure aint :shock:

What jetting did you end up going for?
Guess you are also using a balance pipe between the two manifolds too?

StuF said:
What jetting did you end up going for?
Guess you are also using a balance pipe between the two manifolds too?

55 idle
150 main
170 air correcter
F3 emulsion
125 needle valve.

And yes Stu balance pipe between the two, 'P' clipped neatly on the back off the tinware. :D

I'm thinking of fitting 34s too. Are you guys running single ports? Even though my engine's running sweet it would be good to know if it's a worthwhile upgrade. Sometimes those hills can be a bugger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markevo30 said:
I'm thinking of fitting 34s too. Are you guys running single ports? Even though my engine's running sweet it would be good to know if it's a worthwhile upgrade. Sometimes those hills can be a bugger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on twin ports Mark........big difference from a standard boscar pict 3

This might be a silly question but what does the balance pipe do on the carbs? there is a set of weber 34 ict's on my engine but no balance pipe.

The balance pipe smooths out the engine pulses and rectifies any small differences vacuum and/or throttle position at idle and partial throttle.

Sent from my Siswoo C55 using Tapatalk

Latest posts