weber ICT problems I think

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oslo_mark69

Reaction score
Hi Can anyone clear up a problem that I have . I am working on my mates Van and it has a 1641 twinport with twin 34ICT carbs . I am bench running it and it is running Flat at high rev's . I have changed the Vacum Dissy For a 009 and there was no change . So I am thinking that maybe the carbs have the wrong size jets . Any help is welcomed might have missed the obvious so all answers please

The info is actually written on the jets themselves.

What you would need is:

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Balance-Pipe-and-Jet-Install-Kit-Weber-ICT-Empi-EPC-AC129400_act_shop.product_pID_149158466.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Alex

After much time and effort I've got the following fitted to my 1600 single port.

idle jet 55
main jet 150
air corrector jet 170
emulsion tubes F6
needle valve 140

Runs fine, is quick (comparatively) off the mark and returns good fuel mileage.

Cool cheers guys changed the carbs today for some baby Dells better at idle and pick up but still quite flat at higher revs
Did a compression test and found that one side 1 & 2 was about 95 and the other side 3 & 4 was 120

Right stripped and cleaned the carbs and I have set the timing to 7.5 BTDC
On an ADR coded motor I a this right
I've got a back fire every now and again through the carb sticky valves? Cracked head ?

Check all that Alex
But it's flat as hell
Changed the dizzy for a 009 and blanked off the vacuum but no real change
It's popping on start up and the engine jolts every now and again when at idle

What year van is it? If 71 with servo brakes check the vacuum hose at the servo end (mine was leaking and giving all sorts of tuning issues)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

K@rlos may have something there. How are you checking your fuel pressure ?? If you can see fuel shooting out of your pipe when it`s disconnected from the carb / s you may still not have enough pressure. I had this issue as I had the brother in law checking it while I was cranking on the key and yes there was fuel coming out of the pipe, but not a lot. What we decided when we changed the fuel pump was a way of getting a bit of an idea as to how much pressure you needed or what was good enough to get a decent running motor. What I settled on in the end was using an empty two litre water bottle horizantally, put the pipe inside the bottle by about an inch, when cranking, the fuel should bounce off the back / bottom of the bottle and not just pee three or four inches into the bottle if that makes sence.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hope it helps :mrgreen:

A friend of mine had a simular problem with his 2007cc with 44 IDF's. Would pull hard through 1st, 2nd & 3rd but hit forth and it would bog right down and stop pulling. Went through everything and it turned out to be the fuel pressure was to low and the carbs were running out of fuel. Upped the pressure and it went like fook 8)

Thanks Guys found the main problem to be a pin hole in the dissy cap that was arcing out No 4 plug but al that said I think you were right with the pressure etc. the carbs were also on a small jetting so as the Van was in for welding work originally my mate has collected his van running as it came into me
I hate it when vans come in to me and play up

Latest posts