Were 68 bays single ports??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

currylager

Reaction score
My bus has a B00 prefix crankcase and has twin port heads, another friend of mine had a B00 engine in his 71 bay but it was single port. Does this mean that my engine has been upgraded to twin port heads at some time, or was it originally a twin port?. The engine has some endfloat and leaks oil, so i hope it might last this year and sort out something better for next year. I doubt it's worth rebuilding the original crankcase because it has only 1 oil relief valve and apparently the head studs/inserts are small diameter and are prone to pulling out. Might be better looking for a later crankcase lump!. :shock:

pretty sure youll find all early's up to about 71/2 had single ports (mines a '69 and single port)

Thanks guys,

i think someone must have done some mods to the engine over the years, another clue might be the petronix ignition 009 dizzy and alloy rocker covers and the inlet manifold has a blanked off 10mm diameter coming of the left hand manifold, dunno what thats for tho. I will have to check the engine number with the log books as well. :wink:

Latest posts