Westfalia cooker??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AxlFoley

Reaction score
I have seen many photos of bay interiors, but have always seen an oval hole behind the drivers seat where the cooker should be, has any one got a cooker, or at leasts a photo of what the cooker should look like? or are they something of a mystery?

which photo's have you seen, the only ones i have seen are where the cookers on the table that folds out above the spice rack..

I'm not sure what kind of photo your after. But here's a photo of my west cooker. It's not the period correct one. It's from a highlight bay... :? :shock:
fornuis2.jpg

I bought this magazine online; http://www.jazzpublishing.co.uk/mm5...ublishing&Product_Code=vwc_collectors_edition

Maybe it can help you... :wink:

I have one which fits to the bulkhead behind the drivers seat, the Cab side of the bulk head

haven't got any pics but have one for sale if you are interested will get some pics taken

The hole behind the drivers seat is a 'magazine rack' aperture, no cookers were fitted to the most common Campmobiles that are on here. The closest youll get is a Coleman petrol burner ..... :shock:

7.jpg

ddffrost said:
Got to love the total lack of PC in the 70's

Get that women cooking

Could be ahead of it's time on the PC front, i'm sure it's a transvestite.
:lol:

AxlFoley said:
I have seen many photos of bay interiors, but have always seen an oval hole behind the drivers seat where the cooker should be, has any one got a cooker, or at leasts a photo of what the cooker should look like? or are they something of a mystery?

I came to the conclusion its a mystery, the area is said to be storage for a cooker but im yet to find a picture of one, i have found a CampingGaz single burner that just about fits! Its wasted space as far as I can see, though i did once see one with a lid that looked pretty cool

Just

Clem said:
The hole behind the drivers seat is a 'magazine rack' aperture, no cookers were fitted to the most common Campmobiles that are on here. The closest youll get is a Coleman petrol burner ..... :shock:

No i have the cooker that fits behind the passenger seat (not sure what model it was off), the passenger seat folds forward hinged at the front of the seat against the dash and then the cooker folds from the bulk head to sit in the cab area.

Fore sale if any one interested

USABayDaz said:
Clem said:

No i have the cooker that fits behind the passenger seat (not sure what model it was off), the passenger seat folds forward hinged at the front of the seat against the dash and then the cooker folds from the bulk head to sit in the cab area.

Fore sale if any one interested

Sounds like a Dormobile to me 8)

Just

Latest posts