Westfalia / Westy Continental Roof Double Bed 68 to 72

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rpp123456 said:
Jon -are you still doing the ready made beds or just the kits?

Hi.
I'm having a break from the complete beds at the moment, but I hope to get back to them when I have more time.

Faux as promised.

I purchased one of these kits a few months back, this is a quick snap shot of the build.

avydugyb.jpg

8esy8ata.jpg

No picture but I varnished the boards sonit matches the Westy roof and rounded the rear corners of the head board.

a6eraqas.jpg

And the underside
7edugamu.jpg

Really pleased with the finished article and my son seems to like it.
Anyone who Is thinking of getting the kit my advice is do it.

Cheers Faux top bloke, now get real and remove the for sale add for your van !!!!!

Hi Jon,

Can you please help me. I've bought a set in the Netherlands and assumed the instructins were included. I've received a lot of materials but no instructions how to place the bed. Can you or some one else please help me and send me the instruction?

Thanks a lot.

Danielle

T2holiday said:
Hi Jon,

Can you please help me. I've bought a set in the Netherlands and assumed the instructins were included. I've received a lot of materials but no instructions how to place the bed. Can you or some one else please help me and send me the instruction?

Thanks a lot.

Danielle

Hi

Just send me your email address and I can send you all of the instructions and dimensions.

Regards

Jon

Hi Jon,

Finally got sorted and finished the bed already for installation when the bus comes out if hibernation. Got to say, it's a top quality kit and thanks for all your help.

D67C55D7-4421-49F6-92F0-E408C827A503.jpg

509D17AD-A061-4D8F-A391-F97A59F8A3B3.jpg

One final question. In the kit there's two Allen key bolts with bullet type caps. Can you tell me where they are for?

Thanks again and the kids can't wait to try it out properly !

Bobster said:
Hi Jon,

Finally got sorted and finished the bed already for installation when the bus comes out if hibernation. Got to say, it's a top quality kit and thanks for all your help.

D67C55D7-4421-49F6-92F0-E408C827A503.jpg

509D17AD-A061-4D8F-A391-F97A59F8A3B3.jpg

One final question. In the kit there's two Allen key bolts with bullet type caps. Can you tell me where they are for?

Thanks again and the kids can't wait to try it out properly !

Thanks, I'm glad you like it, you have done a great job.

Those bolts are for capping the holes in the roof if you decide to take the black handle off that is normally attached.

Jon

Finally got the inside of the bus trimmed by Bromsgrove auto trimmers, the who inside looks great especially my daughter continental bed that Jon did!
Thanks a lot
I'll post done photos up soon

Whitey82 said:
Are these ok for adults, what's the weight limit ?

About 12.5 stone if you use 15mm ply. I'm out if stock at the moment and have quite a few people who have been waiting for a long time for a kit. I hate to let people down but I'm a few weeks away from having any for sale.

Hi there. How much are the kits? Are they £275 or is that for a completed one? Also what is the lead time on a kit?
Thanks, luke.

Darthbell said:
Hi there. How much are the kits? Are they £275 or is that for a completed one? Also what is the lead time on a kit?
Thanks, luke.

Hi Luke
The kits are £130 plus postage. Unfortunately there is a backlog of orders and I'm not sure when they will be ready.
Regards
Jon

I have 2 kits left in stock and I am hopping to get a fresh batch done in the next month. I may be able to sell they through RustyLee's website in the future.

http://www.vwrustylee.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

faux said:
I have 2 kits left in stock and I am hopping to get a fresh batch done in the next month. I may be able to sell they through RustyLee's website in the future.

Whats included in the kit? I'm looking for one of these for 73 westy

Whitey82 said:
faux said:

Whats included in the kit? I'm looking for one of these for 73 westy

Hi
The kit includes everything you need apart from wood, foam and fabric.
Jon

@ faux

For a 1971 Westy, is one of your beds still available?
Thanks for your response.

greetings
Andy

@ faux

I would like one of your bed kits please faux.
what sort of lead time is there and how do i pay please?

Pearl69 said:
@ faux

I would like one of your bed kits please faux.
what sort of lead time is there and how do i pay please?

Hi
There is a delay on kits for a few weeks due to powder coating. I am hoping after Busfest I will be able to get the kits ready.
Jon

Latest posts