Westy interior light

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popcorn balls

Reaction score
Where does a westy interior light (the big one mounted near the side of the headliner) get it's live from and should it be permanent or switched - if so which switch.

I seem to have no power to it, and i don't have a westy specific diagram. The Wire disapeares into the same loom that the cab interior light connects to, but that one is live.

I have a dash switch that is to isolate the 12v from the light, its looks standard so have you checked you have one and its wired up?

cyberdyne systems said:
I have a dash switch that is to isolate the 12v from the light, its looks standard so have you checked you have one and its wired up?
I have a dash switch as well.

Well on my 71 Westy, the dash switch provides a switched 12v to the cab light, and there is a piggy back spade connector with a wire to the main, nearside light, providing a parallel switched feed (which is then switched by the two light-mounted switches to the various bulbs).

Perhaps the feed from the cab light has come adrift? Or mine is non-standard.....

Cheers,
Nick

71Westy said:
Well on my 71 Westy, the dash switch provides a switched 12v to the cab light, and there is a piggy back spade connector with a wire to the main, nearside light, providing a parallel switched feed (which is then switched by the two light-mounted switches to the various bulbs).

Perhaps the feed from the cab light has come adrift? Or mine is non-standard.....

Cheers,
Nick

My cab light works independant to this switch and operates when the doors open or I switch it to on at the light itself. So my dash switch is purely for the Westy light

cheers guys, my roof linings are out for replacement, so it's all easy access at the moment, so i will get it sorted. The cab one certainly isn't dash switched, but i'll check out the side one.
Is this the dash switches only function?

Latest posts