Westy Interior Question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wishart

Reaction score
Is there a left hand drive version and a right hand drive version of westy interiors?

Im just thinking that ive been looking for an early buddy seat to go in our bus, along with the one that I already have, but all I can find are seats that sit on the left side of the bus. I want a seat behind each of the front seats (mine is a LHD) but one side of the frame/base is curved to match the curve of the inner panel of the side. If I buy one of these i will have a curved side nearest the walk-through and a straight side nearest the door.

Does a right hand side buddy seat exist????

I think the answer is yes there is,, I`ve got a rhd but the westy interior don`t fit like everybody else`s and I think it`s a lhd interior or a mix and match of all sorts. :shock: :shock: :shock: , but that as may be as I probably won`t use most of it anyhow. 8)

Ozziedog

Sorry bud,,, it`s stacked up in the garage behind god knows what and panels / doors etc and a bus right in front of it in the middle of having a new roof put on. If you want to be 100% sure have a look in the resto and gallery thread as there is lefties and righties in there with lots of different versions. :idea: :?: :idea:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, as much use as a chocolate teapot :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol:

If you find a lhd one I have a piece of Westy wood which maybe enough to make a panel. This would give you the correct panel both sides. A rhd one would in theory have the curved piece on your sliding door side.

faux said:
If you find a lhd one I have a piece of Westy wood which maybe enough to make a panel. This would give you the correct panel both sides. A rhd one would in theory have the curved piece on your sliding door side.

Yeah i can find quite a few LHD ones, so that could be an idea - or how about if you dismantled it, and swapped the two sides around? It would mean the inner side of the panel would be on the outside now, but with a rub down and re-stain/varnish of the whole seat, it would probably look ok.

The other option is to have two identical "replica" seats made, but handed so that i get a left and a right one. Might be cheaper and more effective in the long run, than butchering an original buddy seat. I could sell mine off to fund it too.... hmmmm ;)

Unless theres an oddball around, I thought all the early rhd's were full bulkhead models, so had the much longer buddy seat that went across to the sink/cooler unit, and there fore wont have a 'finished' peice on either end. Any later models that were rhd were the later continental style, as far as I know.

Clem said:
Unless theres an oddball around, I thought all the early rhd's were full bulkhead models, so had the much longer buddy seat that went across to the sink/cooler unit, and there fore wont have a 'finished' peice on either end. Any later models that were rhd were the later continental style, as far as I know.

the more i search....the more this is becoming apparent! Not a problem though, i think that building new ones from scratch is a better option :D

Latest posts