Westy interior refurb

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaggyXO

Reaction score
When i'm bored I normally hit Ebay n look for bits for my bus,last weeks buy was these units,Has anyone ever stripped off the veneer and gone for a brighter beech like veneer instead or am i opening a can of worms ? Also how easy is it to refurb a fridge ?

many thanks Shaggy

IMG_03741.jpg

Hi!

Oh nice! I do like that setup, more practical than the campmobile interior i have.

I think maybe a hot air gun and being gentle with a large metal scraper and it will lift away i would have thought. If you are careful and get it off in one piece, i would have thought there would be some money in selling these veneers on.

Is the fridge electric then? A absorbtion type? As long as the heater is working, i guess it should work ok, sometimes the liquid needs a mix up, folk used to turn the old electrolux kitchen fridges upside down to re mix the contents, that was a long time ago, and they were hydrogen/amonia systems, dont know what the westy ones are on your model, as mine is just a cooler type fridge relying on dry ice or ice packs.

Here is a wiki on it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absorption_refrigerator" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And piccs too when you redo it! You going for a lighter shade of wood?

Cheers!

Alistair

Many thanks for the info yes going for a lighter look,just needs freshening up or I will take it apart make templates and build a new unit cheers Shaggy

Latest posts