Westy owners, info please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cali-Bay

Reaction score
I am fitting a westfalia wardrobe / interior (1969 interior) in my bus and have a couple of questions. First could someone tell me if the curtain behind the wardrobe is on a rail or a sprung wire, is it fixed top and bottom, what do you think is best ??

The other thing is i am missing the front brackets that hold the wardrobe to the bus, could you give me a idea of how they go so i can make some up.

Thanks in advance :D

Is the conversion an SO67? If so I'll check my brackets out, they aren't on the bus at the mo.:D

if the curtain is the same as our 71 Westie then ours is just clamped between the glass and a wooden board that forms the back of the wardrobe.

Got a scan of the operating instructions for our interior (its a Campmobile70 but basically a Westie) here, I can take a few pics tomorrow if you need them :)

speedwell68 said:
Is the conversion an SO67? If so I'll check my brackets out, they aren't on the bus at the mo.:D

Mr Speedwell, that would be very cool, cheers 8)

if the curtain is the same as our 71 Westie then ours is just clamped between the glass and a wooden board that forms the back of the wardrobe.

Got a scan of the operating instructions for our interior (its a Campmobile70 but basically a Westie) [img=http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~speedman29/campmobile.html]here[/img], I can take a few pics tomorrow if you need them

Hi Speedman, sounds like i am missing the board thats on the back of the wardrobe. If you could take a couple of pics for me to give me a idea of whats what then that would be great !! :D

Just taken a few pics

Through the wardrobe door, the board at the top is screwed into the frame work of the van by the looks of things
curtain1.jpg

Inside the linen cupboard you can see the fixings at the other end of the board
curtain2.jpg

Looking over the top of the side storage area, the curtain looks to be just clamped in place by the board
curtain3.jpg

Hope this helps :)

Mate......... Those pics are great. I rearly had no idea how it all went togther but from that i can see i am missing the board that goes behind the wardrobe. A visit to B&Q is on the cards for me this weekend !!

Many thanks for taking the trouble to help me out.
Cheers :D

no problem :wink:

I'm planning on taking my interior out one day for a clean up and new flooring so I'll get loads of pics when it happens :)

Been busy........

Mesured the board up and atatched the fabric across 2 battons then atached this to the board. Put this over the window and attached it to the bus. Then made some brackets up for the wardrobe and got that fixed in place.

Coming along nicely :mrgreen:

Picture827.jpg

Picture825.jpg

Picture826.jpg

I refitted mine at the weekend.
It has a curtain rail as normal, you put your curtain on, and then the board should have two hooks on it, you hook these over the curtain rail, and then it secures at the bottom with three screws .... obviously you can adapt your own methods if bits are missing though.

The other thing is i am missing the front brackets that hold the wardrobe to the bus, could you give me a idea of how they go so i can make some up.

These are quite specific brackets that clip around the door frame.

Latest posts