Westy pop top front bracket

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruby Tuesday

Reaction score
The nearside bracket on my front hinging westy roof has snapped and lifts up slightly when I am driving along! What is the technical name for this part and whare can I get them from? :?: :D

Do you mean the front hinge. I couldn't find one for love nor money so made one in the end.

Pics here: (page 7)
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2589" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if you are talking about the two metal tubes that cross over and are held by a rivet and are on both sides then you will be in the same boat I was in about 3 months ago.

I tried everywhere to get one and unless someone is breaking a westy pop top your are going to struggle.

But I do have a solution! it's difficult to explain so if i'm right let me know and i'll post a 'how to' in this thread.

Thanks dubman24 and faux The picture on page 7 is identical to my break!! Why is it that my Ruby has decided for her first breakage to go for a hard fix?? I guess I don't need to trawl through the parts pages now though!! I would appreciate a 'how to' lesson dubman24 if no-one else comes up with something!

Latest posts