westy pop top seeking 4-1-1

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magiceddie88

Reaction score
Alrighty guys, my westy is due for a pop top treatment. (The 43 year old top is showing its fibers.)
Does anyone know how it was done 40 years ago?
Have you done yours? How?

I'm talking about, sanding (blasting?) fixing a few hairline cracks (i'd like to reinforce the rear lip) gel coat and then epoxy paint finish it and have the new tent installed as well. Right now the qoute in town is looking to ball park at $2500, is this fair? Saying I just drop it off to be done? What did you pay? What did you do? Looking for some ideas and guidiance on this thanks!

-Eddie

hi.
i had my poptop repainted and the guys tried a different type of paint because the whole roof was bad(fine cracks/fibres showing)and normal painting process would not of covered it.
what ever they did i really pleased with the result!!
see thread in gallery ref VALERIE.

regards.

sharky.

:sick0019:

Did mine last summer

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?t=30349" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The paint was really good, made for fibre glass on boats so should seal it ok :mrgreen:

simo

I think your looking for a product called gel-coat. Ours was respayed by a commercial body shop. They should have access to it.

Latest posts