Westy tap leaking

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aircooled_al

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to sort out a leak with the tap in my Westy. It's a Campmobile one with a hand pump. Basically, the neck of the tap is very loose in the body and water flows out when you operate the pump. Is it possible to reseat the neck somehow to stop the leak? I'm not sure whether there should be O rings in there or perhaps a clamp to hold the neck in place.

Has anyone managed to fix one or should I just buy a new one.

Cheers,

Al

P.S. When cleaning out the water tank, I found a drinking straw, a twig, some fishing weights and some US coinage (which my 5 year old is taking to show and tell tomorrow) :D

The early tap spouts are pressed into place with a spacer type thing in a compression basis - if that makes sense? You can tap this down into place to reseal and make watertight.
The slightly later tap spouts are bolted into place ... but Ive never dismantled one.

"The early tap spouts are pressed into place with a spacer type thing in a compression basis"

Thanks Clem. I think that's what I have. On mine the spacer type thing is a bit loose. I guess I might be able to make up a new one. I'll give it a go and report back.

I did find an O ring but I'm guessing that was as a result of a previous attempt to fix it.

Cheers,

Al

There is an o ring inside, on the pump handle shaft. They often leak out of that too! :D

The spacer is like a round washer, but is also graduated width :? try tapping it down first ;)

TBH a leak free tap is pretty rare, I just keep a cloth handy :lol:

Latest posts