• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Westy Trailer for Sale - sale pending

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cotswoldiver

Reaction score
OK, true story time. I paid £375 for this off ebay (+delivery costs) and the photos were more than flattering to say the least. I was happy with that at the time as any westy trailer I saw for sale in the UK always seemed to be £450+

The kids used it on holiday last week in Dorset so it is a fully usable trailer, but it needs work to make it look really tidy. The photos show it at it's worse. There must be a good four different coats of paint on the woodwork, which in places I've sanded back, hot gunned the paint off and it does reveal some pretty solid wood. In all honesty, I don't have the space where we are living at the moment to strip it down and do a good enough resto job on it, but it could make someone a really nice westy trailer at a bit of a bargain price

Good stuff
The suspension rubbers have been replaced
The electrics are all sound and have been checked
It's the version with the spare wheel attached
The hitch has been replaced
The lid has a support arm - but its not fitted at the moment
It's the version with the 'W' in the rack, and is great for carrying bikes

Not so good stuff
It's going to take a lot of work to get the panels back if you wanted to varnish them or treat with teak oil
Metal supports and frame are all solid, but need work to get them looking nice and shiny grey. there has also been a bit of rough spot welding but that is easy to fix
Looks like different mud guards have been fitted
The lid has rubber matting on top - practical but doesn't look great

In short not one of my better ebay buys, I got stung so I'm cutting my losses and will keep looking for something else. Description honest, photos current, might be more for you than me so a bit of a bargain for someone

It's in Cheltenham at the moment, and can just be attached to your tow hook and driven away as all the electrics work.

Price - £299 and at that price no offers and I'll be putting it up for sale on ebay next weekend

6111726837_fa78481b64_m.jpg

6112269934_1be176a47f.jpg

5824153578_fd008790ec.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts