westy V deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bayview

Reaction score
Land of long white cloud (NZ) formerly Northallert
Hi all, I'm facing a dilemma and thought you may be able to help. I'm currently the proud owner of a 1970 sunroof deluxe microbus (RHD 8) ) It needs a little bit of work to the floor of the rear load area and rear light cluster (has late bay lights fitted :roll: ) but otherwise its in pretty good shape and intact in terms of deluxe goodies and interior. I was happy with my lot until the other day when I saw this westy below advertised locally -1972 RHD complete and unmoltested exterior and interior. Goes without saying that in an ideal world I'd now have them sitting side by side in the garage but with money to tight to mention I'm not sure which way to jump. We have a mega awning for the deluxe so camping is still possible for the familiy and we are not able to get away that often so a camping interior is not essential. The westy is approx 8000pounds which is what the deluxe will owe me after the work. I'm a bit of a magpie that likes rare shinney things so it really comes down to whats the most desirable - views welcome :?
The deluxe
126736948_full.jpg

The westy
163044010.jpg

Deluxe all the way for me.....I tent it so like a microbus and the flexibility it offers, especially since I coach minis rugby so in the future I'm likely to be ferrying kit and kids

Hmmmmmpppph,,,, that IS a tough call. Have you looked at the alternatives ?? Do you have any family members that you can sell ?? Don`t sell your dog,, but you might get a bit for the missus,,, got any kids you don`t really really reallly like any more ?? ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, If you had both, you could have a bay wedding !! :lol: 8) :lol:

way up your needs

1. will it be a daily?
2. what percentage will be camping/ferrying the family round ?
then tailor it to suit you needs ;)
personally i have a microbus because i foster kids i have a total of 5 kids plus me and the mrs so thats 7 of us
2 prams 3 carseats so my microbus comes into its own as we can go anywhere as a family with room to spare , then when summer comes we go on our eurotrip its still a microbus but there will only be 4/5 ,we carry a four man pop up tent and have z hinges to make a double bed in the bus. also ive never cooked in a bus always outside under the sun canopy ,maybe just brew up once and a while inside , i had a split with cooking facilties inside never used it :shock: plus as with us lot in there its like a game of twister !! :mrgreen:
a mate of mine has a microbus with seats but come camping trips out come the middle seat in goes the devon swingout unit ......thats another option

plus remember you built the bus so you know it .....8k is cheap though!!
regards
chris

Deluxe/Tintop every time for me, had a westy and found the layout too cramped, prefer to be able to use it as a day van and as a camper + we got 6 people in the van when we went away on 2 holidays last year, not possible in a westy :mrgreen: .

i have this conversation a lot with potential customers and i have to say the bulk of the people are going for tintop and drive away awning as the best solution due to its flexibility, thats why we tend to stock more tintops as thats where the demand is for us anyway,

I love my tintop westy, but there are times when I wish I had a pop top so that the kidies could sleep up there.

bayview said:
Cheers guys, decided to keep the deluxe. However, they will both be mine, oh yes, they will both be mine.
austin-powers-4-more-about-dr-evil.jpg
waaahahahahaha waaahahahahaha!

Result ;)

Chris

Latest posts