Weymouth & Poole

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Maz

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone could recommend anything to do/see in and around Weymouth and Poole??

We are going Monday morning for a week and haven't really planned anything apart from campsites :D

Thanks in advance

Matt

Historic railway between Corfe and Swanage
Portland Bill
Durdle Door

Harlequin said:
Corfe Castle & Studland

Agree.

The Bankes Arms on a dry (pref sunny) day overlooking the sea, signposted right when you drive through the village of studland, from corfe castle/swanage, lovely.

On a wet day there is a flume park in Poole, can't remember the name, splashdown? good fun for kids if you have any. Monkey world I have been told is good too for the kids again, near wareham.

These are all Poole way from Weymouth, don't know where you are.

Have a good one..

Al

Durdle Door, Lulworth Cove, Monkey World, Bovington Tank Museum, Weymouth Sea life park, Portland Bill, Sand Banks, Wareham Forest, Swanage, Brownsea Island , Nothe Fort in Weymouth, and there's more. :lol:

terrier man said:
Durdle Door, Lulworth Cove, Monkey World, Bovington Tank Museum, Weymouth Sea life park, Portland Bill, Sand Banks, Wareham Forest, Swanage, Brownsea Island , Nothe Fort in Weymouth, and there's more. :lol:
Defo worth a trip up Portland Bill for the views over Chesil beach on the way up. Tank museum and Monkey world are always fun.
Lots of nice pubs along Poole quay for drinking in.
Durdle door, Lulworth, Kimmeridge and maybe Ringstead along the coast are all nice places to stop for picnic/ lunch.
Family live in Weymouth so have spent a lot of time there. Lovely place with a great beach but might not be worth it unless you got kids as its a bit bucket and spade if you know what i mean.

windsurfing at poole or weymouth
walk the purbecks/portland bill. hit the beech at studland.

depends what your into really

Hi,

We've just come back from Weymouth for a few days, I used to go every month as a child as my parents had a caravan down there, we stayed at Sea Barn Farm, stayed at a place called eweleaze farm before too - both very nice sites.

As for things to do Lulworth Cove is lovely and the walk to Durdle Door is a nice one, on the subject of walks, we parked at the chesil beach (DO NOT go in the sea from Chesil Beach, the currents are dangerous and it's really difficult to get out due to the pebbles, saying that, it does have some of the cleanest, bluest water in England) car park on the peninsula road and set off on the coastal path (follow the acorns) all the way around Portland, it was around 8 miles and not really suitable for pushchairs (not sure who you're with) but a really nice walk, and the views back to the mainland are amazing, cycling the Rodwell trail is also good fun, Abbotsbury is a lovely little village for a wander round and the Swan does a nice pub meal there. As for restaurants, we tried quite a few (mostly found on tripadvisor) and the Blue fish on Portland is defo worth a visit!

Hope this helps!

Matt

go to portland i used to live there for a year or so{ i am not interbred} , nice photoshot etc, used to go cliff divin there.
abbotsbury is nice and there loads of little villiages that are cool on the coast too.
dorchester is ok to visit for the day and torbay is 78miles from there too.

enough ramlin

john,

pm me about jimmys as only get home day before :D

Oh yeah check out the white swan in weymouth on the ceiling there was a plaque thats from the 49s club with my name on it, awarded for drinkin 49 bottles of beer!!!

anyway enjoy

Friends visited the area over the bank holiday....& bought me a nice fridge magnet :roll:
IMAG0132.jpg

terrier man said:

What he says

we were there for the week after easter, and did a lot of the above. Its one of my favourite places

Latest posts