what beam

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masterjedi

Reaction score
im going down the k&l road.
who,s fitted wot and the pro,s and con,s
have looked at the creative t2d and slamwrecks options guy's

Check this link out fella.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18828" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sounds like you've looked at most of the options out there, personally I'd go to Guy & Ted at Slamwerks, beams built in house to fine tollerances and you'll find that their beams are sold by other people as well!!

A standard '64 to '67 splitty beam fitted to an EB will give about an inch more ground clearance and is a similar dimension narrower. Combine this with narrow rims with a negative offset (or is that 'inset') and it amounts to the same as a mildly narrowed beam. Depends how 'cartoon', impractical, un-driveable you want to be. Slamwerks and T2D have gone to the limit and a bit more, it ain't possible to outdo them!!!

Slamwerks or creative seedeater for me. The weedeater is a thing of beauty and works like a dream !

masterjedi said:
do you need narrowed arms for a 4" narrowed beam
No it is only the beam that is narrowed along with the torsion leaf springs within the beam. You can just the standard arms with a narrowed beam.

What year is your van ?? 64 to 67 splitty spindles let you bolt your bay drums and brakes straight on. But if you have a 71/72 bus you will need brazilian spindles to accept your disc brakes .If you have ordered from Slamwerks speak to Guy and he will be able to sort all Your needs ;)

If you have a 71 and get Bay dropped spindles you will need the later discs and calipers to fit them. Mine is a 71, and the calopers and discs are slightly smaller than the later ones. at least now I have a complete new front end :D You may also need modified arms for a 4 inch beam as I did, standard arms may help the shock foul the chassis. And finally, with the beam and dropped spindles, even when its set on its highest, you still might???????? need chassis notching. :roll:
As Gadget says, give Guy a bell and he will put you reet.

Latest posts