What did you fix on your Bus recently?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DongKG

Reaction score
Just yesterday I installed an air cleaner on my bus. And this one came from a split bus. Until such time that I find the correct air cleaner, this will do the cleaning.

Thanks.

DSC_0339.jpg

ready for cleaning

DSC_0342.jpg

painted product

Newly assembled

Installed on the engine

Post subject: What did you fix on your Bus recently?

My leaky porch gutter...its great having a single cab that doubles up as a hop up :lol:

well nothing latley, although my rear brake drum exploded brake fluid all over my drive yesterday, so will be doing that this weekend! :(

AxlFoley said:
well nothing latley, although my rear brake drum exploded brake fluid all over my drive yesterday, so will be doing that this weekend! :(

Thats my next fix too.. its allways one of them jobs for me that seem to take forever when should only take 10 minutes! :lol:

smudge said:
AxlFoley said:

Thats my next fix too.. its allways one of them jobs for me that seem to take forever when should only take 10 minutes! :lol:

I'll make that 3. went to swap the rear brake shoes and everything fell to pieces :lol:

I've also broken the sliding door panel and sanded small areas all over the bus to see if I could find any OE paint so now the van looks very sorry for itself. Looks like a sick blue dalmation.

What did I fix on the bus recently?

Not a lot. But I've broken loads of stuff. :roll:

giraffeinbath said:
smudge said:
AxlFoley said:

I'll make that 3. went to swap the rear brake shoes and everything fell to pieces :lol:

I've also broken the sliding door panel and sanded small areas all over the bus to see if I could find any OE paint so now the van looks very sorry for itself. Looks like a sick blue dalmation.

What did I fix on the bus recently?

Not a lot. But I've broken loads of stuff. :roll:

:lol: but did yiou find any OG paint? :)

smudge said:
:lol: but did yiou find any OG paint? :)

For about an hour I had my birthday and Christmas rolled into one as I revealed OE Neptune Blue on the rear panel around the filler, then revealed an area on the rear hatch and a few little bits here and there around the back until I got around the front and started coming straight to bare metal.

Our van has been resprayed (badly) at some point and it looks like they must have started bare metalling it at the front and got bored. I knew that if I stripped it back there were a couple of areas that would need seeing to (it's had new rear corners and wheel arches at some time) but to find that the front end had been completely stripped was so disappointing :cry:

The inside is all OE paint including the colour matched dash, it feels like a different van when you're driving it!

Just a couple of hours ago I drove the van home with its new Mexican engine - both sounds & runs very well. While the engine was out the tank got cleaned and a new clutch plate put in.

Should get to some shows next year!

I fitted a 'hot-start' Relay and new starter, I can now stop en-route.............pretty handy really :lol:

Just

Fitted a new set of shocks front and rear. Its amazing how different the van feels to drive.
They were only standard vw ones picked up from oktoberfest, £20 for a set of 4, sort of new they were taken of off the Brazil imported busses at Danbury in Bristol.
Even better they actually fitted for that price.
Just goes to show how much we take our old bits for granted on the van, that they are working ok.

I fixed my throttle cable on the side of the M4 last sunday :( :( , bus was going well at the time having flown past a T4 and some girls in a 25 :D :D and then there was nothing. Lucky for us there was just enough to attach back on

I feel like a bit of a traitor, nothing done on the bus (doesn't have any immediate work needed) but was trying to sort out the brakes on the beetle :lol:

i've done nothing...but my dads been working real hard on my bay,

covered the panels at the rear and fitted them, new kick panels, todays job is fix sun visors and a few more daft bits.

all to be finished for photos on saturday and a vw show up here on sunday....race is on lol

Alternator went phut.....removed by me then repaired by autoelectrician - reistalled by me, all tinware tightend and everything refitted - Buddy now runs better than ever........except........

this weekend I started converting the rear lights (currently US spec) to have the indicators in the reverse lights, but a job that ahould be simple isn't going so well.... I remember there being a thread about this but can't find it - I now have 1 flashing reverse light which comes on solid when I brake and 1 that doesn't work! and have to wait till the weekend before I can sort......argh!

Polished the rotor arm by the road with a couple of hours to go to catch a ferry which worked but only just. Have now replaced it but it did remind me why you should always keep the box of spares up to date and in the van rather than 50% missing and I can't remember where I put it. Also fitted new windscreen rubber which was long overdue and stopped all leaks immediately so why did it take so long to do it?

Latest posts