What did you fix on your Bus recently?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still fitting up after the recent respray.

Today was front cab door glass, scrapers etc. I fitted the rear window & 1 side window. Did an oil change & a few other bits...

Last night, I fixed the park lights and the break lights. The wirings attached to the break light switch got removed. I also cleaned the teminals to get that accurate contacts. :D

Had a recon gearbox fitted,from a very well known gearbox builder,now sounds like a electric milkfloat,got to go back and have anotherone fitted :roll:
Fitted a EMPI quickshift,when selecting 1st gear the gear stick nob hits the handbrake ,adjusted rear brakes and handbrake cables,still no better ,now ordered a stick extension .
Worst job Ive done recently is fitting new headlight bulb to wifes Micra,took ages ,skinned knuckles and lots of swearing,would never be able to do this at the side of the road.

im stripping so not technically fixing, but im at the wiring the last obstacale then flipping her over for a ganders underneath.

I got A E Coachworks in Ash to do it for me. I was pushed for time & just wanted it done. It is lush & well worth spending the cash.

pete nice said:
I got A E Coachworks in Ash to do it for me. I was pushed for time & just wanted it done. It is lush & well worth spending the cash.

I'm waiting for mine to be finished by Mark at MNC (next to Beetlelink). Been there since February :(

Hopefully it won't be too long now then. There was a lot of work there though, I saw it before he started. The bottom half was painted last time I was there.

I started with the best I could find, I think it has actually worked out cheaper in the long run.

DSC00497.jpg

Pete have you got a thread on your van resto? If you don't mind me asking what do they charge for a respray?
Looks good bet your glad you didn't sell it.

Look on my website http://www.sosvw.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; on the project pages there are loads of pics of thet van & what I have done to it. There is a link to A E Coachworks on there. Each job has to be estimated on it's own merits. I had done half of the prep work & stripped the van already, this made it a bit cheaper.

The van might be for sale when it is finished which could be any time soon. I have seen something else I want so it might have to go. There isn't much left to do on it now to get it back on the road again. It's only done about 20 miles since last MOT, I had it done, then took it apart. It hasn't been used on the UK roads since coming in from Arizona.

I bought printed cloth to be used as curtains for our bus. I'll install the tomorrow after getting the finished curtains.

I just put an engine lid and catch on.

It's nowt special but it keeps the rain out and stops leaves blowing in!

I just put a new Safari on as the weld on the hinge has failed on the current one, of course nothing lined up with the old :roll:

Just

I took some pictures of the interior of the bus with the installed curtains. I'll post the pictures later.

Thanks

ive redone the cd player in my glove box, using a new plastic glove box liner, and added my ipod touch to the system :mrgreen:

also awaiting my 1914 to arrive so we can get it fitted and run in b4 the snow&ice arrive

will ad pics to my thread later

These are some of the pictures of the interior with the installed curtains.
The appeal is really 70's!

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

DongKG said:
These are some of the pictures of the interior with the installed curtains.
The appeal is really 70's!

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

nice work, lookin smart

My wife works for burberry, want a matching cap :wink: :mrgreen:

Thanks, buddy!

A fellow Type 2 buddy of mine told me it looks like a burberry thing.

Latest posts