What did you restore before your bay???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lard said:
Can't claim too much credit as I just asked the skilled guy to weld and paint it in the colour of my choice :D - did the nasty stripping down to a shell and fiddly putting back together, finding loads of missing bits (about 30% of the car!), getting everything working after it had been welded and painted and putting my touch to it ;)
srear206.jpg

Jave you got anymore pics? Looks very cool

Harlequin said:
I restored this for a customer earlier this year, single horse power, no wheels :mrgreen:
PICT0002-1.jpg
PICT0005-2.jpg

PICT0003-1.jpg

DSC00139.jpg
DSC00176.jpg

OK, you win! That is the coolest. Looks like a fun project.

Now if you could fab up a frame with a 2-liter turbo hanging off the back with some Big-n-littles and... :D

ant said:
Some really cool bug restos in this thread.

What exhaust is this and where can i get one?

003-1.jpg

I've bought three of them from Foreign Policy in Ft. Myers, Florida. I don't remember who actually makes them (empi?) They are good on small motors, not loud at all but has a nice mellow rumble when your foot is in it. I have one on my 1776 (pictured) and it seems to be suffocating it. As soon as I get more $$ I'm going to ditch that muffler and the Berg linkage and see if I can wake this little motor up again. It used to scream!

Harlequin said:
I restored this for a customer earlier this year, single horse power, no wheels :mrgreen:

was the customer santa by any chance?

here is my ex baby...

56.jpg

three wheels are better than two... ;)

i started off with an mgb that my dad helped me with (alot!) -

from this -

mgb12.jpg

mgb01.jpg

to this -

mgb42.jpg

mgb50.jpg

then i moved into aircooled on my own!

64 type 3 notchback -

new floors heater channels - the works!

floor1.jpg

heaterchannel047.jpg

heaterchannel055.jpg

bristol2006002.jpg

vanwestday001.jpg

my girlfriends 71 beetle needed quite a bit of work too!

nasty!

beetlerepairs021.jpg

beetlerepairs026.jpg

beetlerepairs030.jpg

beetlerepairs059.jpg

beetlerepairs083.jpg

beetlerepairs088.jpg

anyway, after ALOT of welding and me painting it in a tiny garage , turned into this -

beetlerepairs132.jpg

beetlerepairs134.jpg

beetlerepairs138.jpg

and now after brief foray (and quite regrettable!) in to the world of watercooled i`ve finally got what i always wanted - an early bay panel van - hopefully not ery much welding with this one! -

will be starting a thread in the next week or so when it arrives on thursday :D

L1010868.jpg

100_3959.JPG

To be honest I am more in the scooters (for the moment) rather than cars.

Here is my first restoration done in 2000 with a great deal of help from my Dad.
It is a Lambretta Li 150 Silver Special 1964
dsc00184hc4.jpg

Then earlier this year I finisted my second after 2 years of efford .
It is a Lambretta Li 150 II 1959

dsc01157l.jpg

sorry to say no pickies as no digital photo's then (christ I'm old) but a number of mini's finishing off with a 200 bhp 2litre 16V one that was my rally car, but couldn't drive it in a straight line and scared the s**t out of me as it swapped three lanes on a motorway when you put your foot down

Latest posts