What fusebox have I got?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gr00veg0d

Reaction score
I'm trying to replace the missing relays for my fusebox, but not sure if this IS the correct fusebox for my 1970 bay? I got a 2nd hand headlight relay (part #111941583) but the pin pattern doesn't seem to match up :roll:

Can someone please have a quick look and possibly compare it with their own and tell me if this the right one or has the previous owner switched it for something else?

I should mention the bus is a US import.

cheers
Bob

gr00veg0d said:
I'm trying to replace the missing relays for my fusebox, but not sure if this IS the correct fusebox for my 1970 bay? I got a 2nd hand headlight relay (part #111941583) but the pin pattern doesn't seem to match up :roll:

Can someone please have a quick look and possibly compare it with their own and tell me if this the right one or has the previous owner switched it for something else?

I should mention the bus is a US import.

cheers
Bob
mines a 71 import and that looks the same as mine

gr00veg0d said:
Any chance you can post a pic of your relays fella?
if i can find it :lol: its in the shed as the bus is under going a nut and bolt resto.

dub boy said:
gr00veg0d said:
Any chance you can post a pic of your relays fella?
if i can find it :lol: its in the shed as the bus is under going a nut and bolt resto.

No worries chap I found a really informative thread on TheSamba here:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=289180

Checked the number on my fuse box, its defo a 1970 original one, and also sussed out the previous owner put a three pin flasher relay in place of the proper 4-pin one. Got the correct one on order from Schofields now :)

Every day's a school day!

Latest posts