What modifications

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicko_1982

Reaction score
Hi,
I have just bought the below bay window & am after advise for modifications to make it look smart - the interior needs total renovation so I don't have a huge amount of cash for the outside.

All comments welcome

Thanks

photo1.jpg

then slam it!

Also, get on ebay and sell all your spare crap, that'll give you more money for stuff!!

Where do you keep your spare tyre?

Great idea with eBay thanks.
Are they torsion bars on the vans? What are yours lowered?

Remove indicators at the front.....at the top......Where the grill is suppose to be!!
Fit early ones!!!!! ;)

Then slam it!! :lol:

Oh, and buy a roof rack to put spare wheel on. ;)

How much of a job is it to remove the indicators & replace them lower? Anyone around the south Gloucestershire/ Cardiff /Swansea area that fancies
Helping a newbie?!!

Any snaps of the ladders & wheel removal?

OK thanks, the early indicators do look much nicer I agree!

If I removed the wheel from the front would I need to get a new front panel?

Any idea how much we are talking for a respray?

Sorry, am I missing something here, its a late bay not an early!!, it may a 72 but thats when they started to build late bays.

Yep it's a late bay design, although it was manufactured in 72.

I presume I can still take the front wheel off & put a VW front badge on if i cant do the indicator changes??

nicko_1982 said:
Yep it's a late bay design, although it was manufactured in 72.

I presume I can still take the front wheel off & put a VW front badge on if i cant do the indicator changes??

Of course you can take the wheel off and put a badge on, it never had low indicators on it so why would you want to change them?

Late Bays were built from July/August 1972 as 1973 MY buses, it may be tax free but its a late, have you tried over at http://www.thelatebay.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you might get a more positive response, sorry

Surely (apart from the obvious) first question is what are you wanting to do to it?

define

"make it look smart "

personally make sure its mechanically sound and safe to drive and enjoy it....add your touch as you go, too many people want to buy into a scene or clique fuck that just drive it and live the dream....

then save up and buy a earlybay there so much prettier

:)

Araon said:
Surely (apart from the obvious) first question is what are you wanting to do to it?

define

"make it look smart "

personally make sure its mechanically sound and safe to drive and enjoy it....add your touch as you go, too many people want to buy into a scene or clique fuck that just drive it and live the dream....

:poke:

Somebody talking sense at last.....

sparkywig said:
Araon said:

define

"make it look smart "

:poke:

Somebody talking sense at last.....

for one daft moment of clarity now let the mayhem and lunacy commence

Like I was saying!!!
The length some people will go to!!!

(dodgy pics!!) took at 9.00 this evening!!
Guy round the corner from me. (fabricator by trade) has a Late bay but made it look like an early!?!
Good Craftsmanship none the less!!

Mixed opinions!! Why??? Spend the money on other things like blar blar!!
Its your bus and it looks fairly standard and solid, so make own imprint, just take ideas and do your own thang!! ;)

Paul. ;)

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

For interior inspiration click this link. :) http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39380" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts