What Night Heater?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herrmmy

Reaction score
Ok, I'm sure this has been debated before so apologies in advance. But, what heaters are people running in their bus? If I was on my own I wouldn't worry about putting anything extra in the bus, but seeing as I have small ones and a wife that gets very cold I think it's best if I install something decent. I'm not keen on something to bulky or propex I'd rather something that ran of petrol or possible diesel? I'm not very clued up on heaters for busses so any help or advice would be ace.

Thanks
Tom

normal heat exchangers on the exhaust system....

Have you got them, do they work, is the pipe to the front of the bus full of holes, do you have cables that move and allow you to open/close the flaps?

depending on the answer, you might have a cheep(ish) fix

If you mean a night heater/ camping heater, I have fitted a Webasto Airtop 2000 which is teed into the petrol line. It's under the rock and roll bench/bed seat. We love it.
They only use small amounts of fuel so no worries about draining all the petrol!

Bluesnailman said:
normal heat exchangers on the exhaust system....

Have you got them, do they work, is the pipe to the front of the bus full of holes, do you have cables that move and allow you to open/close the flaps?

depending on the answer, you might have a cheep(ish) fix

Yes I have heat exhangers, though not connected at the moment. I hope to sort out this week once a couple parts arrive. I suppose this would mean having to start the engine up and letting it run for some time for the heat to warm up the bus? Not sure if it's later in the night people want to hear a camper being started up and running. Though this might be an idea sort term. Thank you.

mike202 said:
If you mean a night heater/ camping heater, I have fitted a Webasto Airtop 2000 which is teed into the petrol line. It's under the rock and roll bench/bed seat. We love it.
They only use small amounts of fuel so no worries about draining all the petrol!

Hi, yes, this was what I was thinking. Is this something you installed yourself and did it take up much room under the R&R bed? Thanks

I took the bus to a Webasto/Eberspacher authorised fitter. I talked to them about where I wanted it fitted etc.
Unfortunately I don't think the pics on my thread are visible, and I am not sure how to put a pic on here any more, but the heater unit is about as big as a shoe box. The loss of space is well worth the extra comfort on cold evenings. :)

mike202 said:
I took the bus to a Webasto/Eberspacher authorised fitter. I talked to them about where I wanted it fitted etc.
Unfortunately I don't think the pics on my thread are visible, and I am not sure how to put a pic on here any more, but the heater unit is about as big as a shoe box. The loss of space is well worth the extra comfort on cold evenings. :)

Thanks Mike, roughly what sort of price should I be looking at for buying & install?

I’ve just bought a diesel heater off eBay...yes it’s from Hong Kong and is constant heat(didn’t realise this at the time) but hey it was £160.ive not fitted it yet

69PROJECT said:
I’ve just bought a diesel heater off eBay...yes it’s from Hong Kong and is constant heat(didn’t realise this at the time) but hey it was £160.ive not fitted it yet

https://www.propexleisure.co.uk/shop/heatsource-thermostat

69 PROJECT you could hook one of these up to it or savage a normal £12 air heater thermostat and add to system.

J & P
:D :D :D

It’s an option I guess,I’ve not opened the box yet but thanks for showing me the option

AHH. Didn't read the question and the key word 'night'. I use mains electricity and a Bambino oils filled radiator placed in passenger footwell. Lovely and warm and cost me about £60

Thanks for all your help, I think I'm going to save some cash and go for the Webasto heater & have it fitted properly. I best get the heaters working for now. Anyone point me in the right direction for some help? Thank you.

Latest posts