What rear tyres are people running?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faux

Reaction score
I am just about to put some new boots on my new wheels and wondered what tyre sizes people are using to keep the early bay gearing OK!

Cheers all :)

they are round and black!
:lol:

mine are 215/45/17s but on a 15 inch rim you need something like 185/65/15 to get the gearing correct :wink:

205 is a little fat for me, I was either going to use 175/65/15 or 185/65/15. There is only a 4.5mm Radius difference between the 2.

Thats good size choice. Mine are huge as i like the look of the arch being full of wheel :wink:

205/60x16
I like the steamroller look as well as full wheel arches.
I had 195/75x14 on the original steelies and they looked nice and wide as well.

SICK 8)

:wink:

Van0719.jpg

Im running 195-75-14 because you can get them in Walmart in the States with white bands, very cheaply. :)

chrisby said:
Im running 195-75-14 because you can get them in Walmart in the States with white bands, very cheaply. :)

That is what I had on my '68 when it came across the pond, unless they have an 'E' logo they ain't legal in the UK.

Why arnt they legal in the UK and what does the X mean. I remember there was some discussion either on the Samba or SSVC about these tyres and the concensus of opinium was that they were fine ,something to do with the weight rating , or am I barking up the wrong tree :?:

chrisby said:
Why arnt they legal in the UK and what does the X mean. I remember there was some discussion either on the Samba or SSVC about these tyres and the concensus of opinium was that they were fine ,something to do with the weight rating , or am I barking up the wrong tree :?:

My MOT man told me this, all tyres used inside the EU must be marked with an 'E' logo, it shows they are manufactured to the correct standard.

Latest posts