What shape cab bunk poles?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gambit

Reaction score
Hi folks im currently looking into installing cab bunk in my 69 H plate cali import bay. It already has fixings mounted on pillars and led to believe there are 2 different shaped poles between 69-70,the earlier being round n later square type with height difference on fixings. Does anyone know what height these should be at for early/later type so i can figure out which ones i need? And if anyone is selling original cab bunk please give me a shout.

Cheers

Frank

You need the round poles, they then live ontop the wardrobe when not in use, the square ones are telescopic for the later interiors thats because they live under the 3/4 bed when not in use. Both use the same brackets.

AFAIK the round poles were used up until the Berlin interior came out in circa '77....

Both will do in your case, I'll measure the fixings later unless someone else does........

Just

I have seen two different types used in early bays my 70 has original square formed poles and so did my previous 72 westy. The round poles I thought were used on very early westy's and late splits.

Just my two pennith......

Ok now im confused but im guessing both same length but different shape?

Frank

The telescopic poles are late late bays, there are two types of fixed length poles, the round ones and the square galvanised ones. Id have guessed a 70MY van would have the galvaised ones as I thought round were 68/9 .... but if Just is using round ones, his is a 70, so thats that :)

Edit - Westy Frank says Relax .... they all fit

http://www.vwbusparts.freeserve.co.uk/vwbus/hammock.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts