What size tyres !

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grazy

Reaction score
Got to get some new tyes for the bus , and as the current ones look like big doughnuts i need a smaller profile on the side wall . I am gonna run standard wheels on a 69` bus .

Thankyou . :wink:

Be careful, Dude! If you just use lower profile tyres on stock rims and (more importantly) a stock height bus, it can end up looking a bit odd! It will be obvious that your tyres aren't right, your gearing will be affected (although acceleration will improve!) and your speedo will be wrong!

If you're planning on fitting alloys later then I'd stick to stock tyres on your stock rims - that way you'll be able to sell them on with the wheels and recoup some of your costs too!

Post some piccies up whatever option you choose!

MOT not too bad eh - won't take much to get it through :D :D

;)

^^^^^^^ WHS son!

Plus you will probably save yourself a few quids staying with stock size if you are going to get some GB's? :wink:

if you want to stick with stock rims get a set of beetle wide fives, they are 15 inch so better choice of tyre and better looks.
run 185/55/15 fronts and 185/65/15 rears. it will look sweet!

also if you run 14s on low profile your speedo and gearing will be well out
:wink:

I probably have the biggest tyres on earlybay! mine are 205 X 70 X 15s big and rude! will be dropping the front ones down a tad tho this winter, in readyness for project X :wink:

well i have 215/45/17s... its all about the width not the height!
just ask the ladies :shock:
:wink:

project X? hmmm... :?:

true true!

Project X is top secret at the mo. :wink:

I have been looking to replace the tyres on my bus for some time.
Ideally I wanted some white walls but in the end I just bought a set of Hankook RAO8 tyres as recommended on the Samba tyre sticky.
They look shite like big black donuts, but the ride quality is great., smooooooth
the previous tyres were a bit of a mixture, but also car tyres not really suitable for a bus.

Watling tyres were the only people I could get them from, they were about £40 each.
Next job is to smarten up the rusty wheels and get a set of dropped spindles so I can hide my donuts!

Latest posts