What soundproofing

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71Dormobile

Reaction score
OK van is stripped out time to start putting it back together, ehats best to soundproof her with b4 the furniture goes in.....

Ok. Not standard, but I used Hi-Tack Flashing Strip
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Aluminium-Flashing/Hi-Tack-Flashing-Strip/invt/243009" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cant hear engine at all at lights (has it stalled paranoia!)

Thanks for the link to the TD article but not keen it shows rockwool surely that would absorb condensation from cooking etc. and start to rot the van iside to out!
The wickes foil looks good though is that enough?

im about to do the same thing. iv been looking at things on the market to sound prof. and on ebay theres some stuff called d-mat looks good but i think it will cost £200 to do a van

earl thebay said:
im about to do the same thing. iv been looking at things on the market to sound prof. and on ebay theres some stuff called d-mat looks good but i think it will cost £200 to do a van

Shite that sounds expensive but still if it don't hold moisture and rot the van then it'd be worth it....

festerbestertester said:
The Wickes stuff works. I did from front to back with it and then strips on sidewalls and doors to kill vibration. :D

Any photos of the stuff in x secn fella...

Latest posts