What towbar to fit.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wonderbus

Reaction score
I need to buy a towbar for my 1970 earlybay. I see that Jk sell one for £150. Are they any good easy to fit? If not what you recommend. Any help gratefully recieved. :D

have a look at gadgets thread

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16093&hilit=westfalia+towbar" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Those towbars will look really good but they are not definitely going to be made. Also I don't know about collection of them etc. Has anyone fitted any others if so would you recommend them?

i have fitted the JK bar as they do a specific fitting for the 72 crossover model - the hardware is fine, all the bits fitted, altho the finish and welds are what I would call 'utliltarian' - had to do some special spacing out of the bumper from the irons to enable adequate stand off - only thing I would seek to have done differently is a revised shape of the ball mount bracket as it drops under the bumper, to give better ground clearance than this seems to give - one of those 'coming down the ferry ramp and hearing the grinding from the back end' worries...it wasn't a problem though!

hope that helps, cheers, Rob

Thanks for the replies I will have to think about it. I will contact gadget to see how the orderbook is looking

Had a JK bar on my 74 and was bang on. Got another JK bar on my 70, also bang on. A good fit and doesnt compromise the bumper in any way.

Rich

Latest posts