What would cause you to sell your van?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rickyrooo1 said:
i'd sell mine for the right '68.

If I had a late I'd sell it for any early :msn4:

Good to hear everyones reasons, at the moment I can't imagine getting bored with the van and fancying a change but I guess you never know. Right now I think the only reason would be an offer I couldn't refuse (not likely to happen) or something forcing us to move (again unlikely I think)

I guess a van is more likely to stick around than other motors as it's multi use. You can have holidays in it as well as just drive around :D

i'd sell mine to build a 3 or 5-window coupe :msn4:

548511_386273884776490_192233481_n.jpg

61 stu said:
i'd sell mine to build a 3 or 5-window coupe :msn4:

548511_386273884776490_192233481_n.jpg

That's ......, how does one put it? .....Dope!

I decided to sell to raise cash for resto on my '70 Westy and importing another Patina '71 Deluxe.
Still not sold and both projects stalled at the mo.
I may have too many balls in the air, so to speak :roll:

rickyrooo1 said:
turns out i sold mine for a T5......
thread from the dead.
:msn4:

still the engine cc is 1968 so i was close.

rickyrooo1 said:
rickyrooo1 said:
thread from the dead.

Wow - zombie thread indeed :lol: Are you happy with your T5?

Funnily enough, I was thinking of selling mine the last few days.....

Trikky2 said:
rickyrooo1 said:
rickyrooo1 said:
thread from the dead.

Wow - zombie thread indeed :lol: Are you happy with your T5?

Funnily enough, I was thinking of selling mine the last few days.....
loving it, i sold the daily and the bay and got a 3 year old one low miles, currently converting to full camper, miss the waves and smiles but love the mpg and speed.

I sold my last bus after 13 years of ownership because I wanted to change so much to it and have a different look. It made economically sense to sell it as it was a good solid fully working bus and use the money to start again. Apart from needing the money or health issues the other reason I would sell my bus would be wanting more modern day comforts and I also now have a t5.

Well
About 4 years back I was going to sell mine
This bloke came round to mine
And he and his 11 year old mate
Proceeded to tell what was wrong
And what was what because he had a T25
And he was going slam this and add that
And and
To which I responded in Gordon Ramsey mode
You ain't gonna
Do Fuch
Get back in your Cavalier and Fuch off
You ain't Fuch in buyin it
My Mrs said you can't speak to people
Like that
I can say what I like and
I am not selling it to them
See you next Tuesday's
The guy may well be on here now!
And that was my experience
Of trying to sell the bus
Can't be doin with that tyre kicking
Thing
I would rather keep it :)

I love my bus at the moment but intend in the future to buy a split screen but I am only just 21 so I can wait and enjoy my bus for a while :D

It's a good question.
I built my westy to be used throughout the year & to go almost anywhere - but I still fall in & out of love with it, some of that is linked to the frustrations of running a 43 year bus, but other stuff is more personal.

I loved riding my motorbikes & still miss it, but commonsense with the roads as they are today won out & I sold all my gear. The bus is different, at the end it is an asset & if it has to be realised because of something that was not planned then it will have to go. But, it's my third westy and at the back of my mind I fear I won't get another - but I have to be realistic

At the moment I'm very lucky, my partner loves the westy, she drives it, she gets why I love it & for the moment it's not going anywhere, but one day .......

in fairness i put mine on ebay one sunday afternoon just to "try it out" after seeing a mates really nice t4 and thinking i could ride in that... by the following tuesday someone had offered me £15,500 for it and i sort of didn't have time to change my mind....

this is a great thread & question:

Its like the movie... the bus, the $1m dollars or a night with your wife... (some of you shouldn't comment if your wife gets on here) :lol:

Change of career - self employed - kids growing up
Still for sale cos I'm a difficult bastard and it has to go to the right owner :roll:

I sold mine because someone walked up with a huge wodge of money and I couldn't say no. The plan was to fund a move abroad so we said yes... it turns out that Australia isn't necessarily any better a place to be than the UK so we've decided to stay put.

If I knew then what I know now would I have sold her?

Absolutely, we got good money for her and although I really miss having a van I like taking 10 years off the mortgage. I'm sure there'll be another one again in the future but not a shiny one. Patina all the way next time.

I have in the past considered selling to get a split twin cab or Kombi.......

And since slamming it considered selling for a T25 Syncro Westy on steroids.......

But then I go to my car port for a reality check and chat to my daughter and decide that there is no way I could part with my bus at the moment, Ive put too much in to it and await future adventures!

Saying that we never know whats round the corner and sometimes things are taken out of our control.

Latest posts