wheel skimming

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martyboy

Reaction score
Hi peeps just wanted your thoughts please , im after a bit more clearance between wheel and arch my questions are has anybody machined the wheel ,if so how much by .
when you compare it to a standard rim there alot of material .

also are 165 tyres a bit to skinny for rear fitment

thanks

Easier to pull the arch or roll arch lip ,I would guess , or narrower tyres :?

Hi Grazy

was looking at the arch thought i would get slaughter on here if i suggested that lol .
as for tyres the wheels are fitted at the moment little clearance but only 165/65 i dont know if these are to skinny ????

There was some discussion on VZi about having the internal wheel face of the wheel machined for better offset .... the public was aghast but manufacturers said it would be ok, if done correctly.
What wheels are they? If they are that type of offset Id sell them on and get better fitting ones. Stock tyres are 185, to go to 165 on the back is a bit skinny, imo.

Hi clem thanks for your input ,i have gone ahead and skimmed the wheels as you can see below you can see we are fully equipped for the job .
we took off 4mm in total still plenty of meat left on ,i was concerned about the safety side but the weight is mostly taken on the center of the wheel so hopefully all good :?
going to try 175/65 do you reckon these will be ok ?????????

first wheel and my arch
Image0122.jpg

my mate ben doing his programming his the boy with these machines lol

Image0130.jpg

Image0129.jpg

wheel being skimmed when we set them up ben couldnt believe how true the wheels were and also totally the same
Image0128.jpg

Wot u done to my wheels :shock: ?

I had a mental picture of you in a flat cap and safety glasses working at a Myford and wielding a micrometer! How wrong could I be!

Nick

Latest posts