Wheels

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
easy said:
Der steiner Rad, sick wheel and currently I dont know of any bay with em on.............yet! :wink:

They look like the iron cross. See here, super expensive aswell if you can get hold of a set.

DSRsVanfest06.jpg

i think i spotted an early bay with these wheels at run to the sun a few years ago, i could be wrong.... il try to dig out a pic, if i remember right it was light blue/ beige and had loads of cool accesories fitted.

Nick

One day, as soon as I can get some cashola together (bloody new houses! :roll: ) I will get a set for the van me thinks 8)

wow!...I ain't gonna get away with that! Will stand and admire yours easy...

Its mad innit, if me memory serves me right there was somebody on here who can get em. I cant remeber who tho. They are lush wheels and very uncommon at the moment.

I know its a weird thing to say but I hope that they dont get to mass reproduced as its nice to only see em once in a while 8)

a quick google threw this up

http://www.terovirta.com/volks/VolksWheelsSteiner.html

Der Steiner Rad wheel is a reproduction of the prototype Rader wheel. German VW enthusiast Andreas Augenstein is manufacturing repros of the wheel from Swarzwald Performance (the guys behind Der Steiner Rad).

A nice close up....

dsr.jpg

lol looks out of place on this...

spa02_14.jpg

And well cool on this oval...

meeting%20spa%202003%20w%20%2848%29.jpg

Are these the sexiest rims on the planet? i certainly think so!

Been on his site in the past, very weird and wonderful site! no prices or anything only truely interested people to ask about prices. 8)

i also found some repro copies, of the DSR from randar.

EDIT the DSRs are the repro unauthorised ones, the randars have been given the designers blessing

297392.jpg

images taken from thesamba

They dont look bad atall :wink: 8)

should fit straight on i think. As long as you/they are wide 5 which i think they are. 8) Happy days! :D

any idea's how different the tyre size woul be and if that makes any difference to the drive?

Should be about the same as standard steel wheels. 8)

I keep trying to find an excuse not to want these.....your not helping!

A qutoe form the original iron cross wheels... 'dave deal'

Just to set the record straight, my good friend Tres Wright posted a comment about Randar Wheels that is not quite accurate. He based it on something I stated to him in an e-mail. At the time, I hadn't heard from Randee for a while and couldn't get hold of him by phone. I said " no Randee, no royalty..." So Tres is totally vindicated, and he was really looking after my best interests. Thank you Tres.

And Thanks to Dave Cormack for his defense of my design, and friendship.

While what Tres posted was technically true at that moment, based on my words to him...Randee of RANDAR WHEELS has my full permission to produce my Iron Cross design wheel, and sell them. We have a deal.
Randee is one of the good guys. The RANDAR version does look better than the kraut rip-off because it is a hand crafted design, following my sculptured work, and it is The Real Deal after all.

The Germans, Boris and Doris, are the bad guys....That's what I call people who steal from you----counterfit Rip-offs.

If you purchase a set of UNAUTHORIZED wheels from the Huns, my sincere and personal wish for you is that you spin a main bearing at the next big VW event, far from home.

and...

The controversial and stolen design: the "Steeiner Rad" meaning "Steiner wheel," or simply DSR, by Boris and Doris in Deutschland is obviously named for a current neo-Nazi inspiration, an Austrian German philosopner of the 30s named Rudolf Steiner. Steiner founded the idea of anthroposophy. He was a participant in meetings of the Tule Geselshaft, in Vienna, a group that Herr Adolf Hitler joined and later changed to the NSDAP or "Nazi" party. I quote:

"Alongside such neo-fascist and Aryan supremacist groups there is also the far right wing of contemporary anthroposophy around the recently deceased Werner Georg Haverbeck, for whom Steiner is of course the primary inspiration."

http://www.stelling.nl/simpos/anthroposophy_criticism_notes.htm

My wheel design was intended to show the relationship of the VW / KDF automobile to its roots in the historic German Iron Cross, certainly NOT as any anti-semitic device. However, by their naming the stolen ( from me ) wheel design "Steiner Rad" it seems this is the hidden agenda of the Germans at DSR. So if you purchase a set from them, realize what you are doing for the world.

Dave Deal

Aurthorized RANDAR Wheels has no such affiliation as cited above

:shock: :shock: :shock:

this was from the original designer of the iron cross wheel, 'Dave Deal' in california. Apparently the DSRs were ripped off without his authorisation, and he's well mad with the germans for doing it. He has Authorised the RWD randar wheel though.

the thread makes interesting reading...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=189172&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Thanks,

I also found that the Randar wheels had problems with refunding money to a customer so alot of people are turning away from the guy that manufactures them in Ramone, near San Deigo.

Some dude in Oz put a deposit down $400 US and Randar didnt come through with the wheels. It only took 9 months!! and 16 pages of posting on 'thesamba' before he got his money back... and he was dicked about no end.

Im trying to get a price for the German DSR, IMO they do look 'cleaner' than the randar ones. But the randar ones workout $950 thats about £470 for a set, not too shabby. Maybe it would be worth a punt.

I have a close personal friend lives in Newport in LA not to far from this guy... I might get him to get in contact and see if he could make a set. I dont trust this guy for overseas delivery after reading this thread...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=195755&highlight=randarwheels+aol

Its 16 pages long so i hope you have a free afternoon :D but it is worth the read...

I have an early bay but a knowledgable friend says if the DSRs are wide five they wont fit without a £120 worth of adapters all round.. can anyone confirm or dismiss?

Latest posts