Which Carb Linkage?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waltz19

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just looking to buy a twin carb linkage for my new 36 drla's.

Would you guys go for a bell crank type or a crossbar.

Alan

I've got a CSP bellcrank fitted to my 34 ICTs.. Its a brilliant piece of kit, I think some places don't recommend them because if not set with a little bit of slack in the accelerator cable expansion of the engine would cause the carbs to be opened slightly on idle once the engine is warm.

Sent from my C55 using Tapatalk

rlepecha said:
I've got a CSP bellcrank fitted to my 34 ICTs.. Its a brilliant piece of kit, I think some places don't recommend them because if not set with a little bit of slack in the accelerator cable expansion of the engine would cause the carbs to be opened slightly on idle once the engine is warm.

This is true and I have found it goes out of sync quite easy. I'm looking at either a CSP hex bar or a Gene Berg set up.

I must say though when sycn'd and set up right it works fantastic.

I am also using a CSP bellcrank and it works a treat - havent had any issues (touch wood) with it going out of tune/sync
But will be having a rolling road session soon to tune up and will see from there

I have a CB performance linkage kit for my 36 dells. I think I brought it from vw heritage.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I had a hex crossbar on my twin 34 ICT's and I thought it was ok. Now I have a CSP bell crank and I can't believe the difference, much more feel to the throttle.

Thanks for all the input.

I take it the CSP parts that are listed for Webber carbs fit the 36 drla OK?

waltz19 said:
Thanks for all the input.

I take it the CSP parts that are listed for Webber carbs fit the 36 drla OK?
Unlikely.

But the ones listed for dells will fit.

http://www.dellorto.co.uk/shop/vw-carburettor-kits-parts/vw-aircooled-manifolds-linkages-parts/vw-linkage-kits/type-1-idfdrla-bell-crank-linkage-kit-csp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As mentioned on the previous post, have a look at the Vintage Speed best linkage. Its slightly more expensive than the CSP kit but includes some mounting hardware for the return spring etc.
Probably not much difference in performance though.

I am just looking for the best on the market at the moment. I want to fit and forget. Not play about and muck about every few months.

Latest posts