Which supplier? and a quick Q about heat exchanger pipes.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redwards

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm after your opinions/experiance of some suppliers.
I have a fairly large order to buy, including Top end rebuilt kit, backbox, gear link bush kit. I've gone to Just Kampers, Machine 7 & VWHeritage and they all have the majority of parts I want.

I'm swaying towards VWHeritage as they have the pushrod tubes I want and the only supplier to sell a camshaft gear on it's own.

Does anyone have any advice or are they all pretty much the same?

Thanks, Rich.

I like machine7 - though when i ordered online for my engine rebuild I subsequently found most of the parts were in "web bundles" that would have saved me cost, but they weren't interested in offering any discount so they went down slightly in my opinion - apart from that they are very quick

JK...have parts others don't but not so happy about the quality (e.g. upper brake reservoir) and they have been accused of blatant copying of others products (had this anecdotaly from a well known bed manufacturer) - service is good though and quick delivery

VWheritage - they have been spot on every time for me, not the cheapest but certainly appear to be the most competent and authoritive

I'd buy carbs from aurocarb though - they were great and always regretting using them for needles but not the expensive bit!

My opinion obviously - other opinions may differ!

All the main suppliers are pretty much the same with regard to parts, they mostly get the same parts from the same people, but as for service I can't fault heritage and machine 7.

After printing out my shopping lists, I have come to the same conclusion. So the order is being split between machine7 and Heritage.

Quick question though, should I go for card or plastic heat exchanger air pipes. The plastic should last longer, but the corrigation on the card looks less restrictive. :?

redwards said:
After printing out my shopping lists, I have come to the same conclusion. So the order is being split between machine7 and Heritage.

Quick question though, should I go for card or plastic heat exchanger air pipes. The plastic should last longer, but the corrigation on the card looks less restrictive. :?

i have just got a length of the cardboard from machine 7 and i think there is enough for both tubes and the one for the oil bath.

ooro said:
i`m sure alex (jesus) works for heritage.....10% discount for earlybayers too ;)

That's right.

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_parts_Meet-the-team-Air-cooled-owners_act_page.render_pageID_1486_lang_EN_country_GB.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Discount details: http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=36299" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah I work at Heritage and feel free to ask for alex on the phone, we do offer a club discount rate for earlybay.com members, but i think it's 5% not ten.

I am biased but i think we are the best :lol:

I'm going to try cool air for a locking fuel cap.

I couldn't find any codes for a discount the night I put the order in, wish I waited for you guys as I could have saved myself £60 :evil:

Well VWHeritage pipped Machine7 to the post, by delivering this little bundle today.
picture.php

Machine 7 order should arrive tomorrow, they're just waiting for some heads to come in stock. Not bad service, considering I used their free delivery service.

Latest posts