which tyre size on a slammed bus?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panchocrossover

Reaction score
I'm almost at the stage wer tyre choice is going to play a part! I've got a crossover and want to slam it, I've a 4" narrowed beam fitted with adjusters! So basically how low can I go without body mods and what tyres should I run! Currently ive got a set of brms with 185 60 x 15s! Thanks in advance

Pancho

Does Grazy run

165/45/15s on the front and 175/55/15 on the rear?

I am thinking of this combo? does anyone else run em?? 8)

panchocrossover said:
Thats what I was thinking myself! Any rubbing or buffing? Any mods required?

should be fine aslong as you have an adjustable narrowed beam :mrgreen:

No rubbing on mine, but if you use 175/55/15's on the rear you will have to uprate the gearbox to a decent final drive....ie: 1303's box. Otherwise you will be be revving the Balls of it. :shock:

I think i have 155 / 50 / 15" on the front and 185 / 65 / 15" on t back :?

I've got 175/55 R15 on the front, and 185/65 R15 on the back. Still needed the 1302 gearbox as well. 50mph is too slow for me :)

ok ive got 175/55/R15s on the front and on the back 175/65/R15 . NOTE tyre sizes dictate comfort so a 165/50/R15 has NO give in the sidewall THEREFORE giving a harsh ride . Thats why im running them and the bus rides great and yes its the same height at the front as Grazys :wink:

NOW rear tyres as EGo has pointed out you will be killing the bus running a 175/55 series tyre on the rear also if you go 2 splined drop at the rear anything wider than 175s will be difficult to remove depending on the offset of the wheels .........WITHOUT taking the rear shock off all the time ............IVE been there and Done that .

So if you decide to go two splines down at the back I would recommend a 175/65 R15 tyre this will make it alot easier to get your rear wheels off and you will get good gearing on the standard gearbox too .

Gadget :mrgreen:

i have a pair of 195/40/15s for sale, Really low profile slam tyres, they have done about 300 miles so little to no wear at all, i have them on my bug but they leave too much of a arch gap at the front as im just on dropped spindles only so i need something a little fatter to fit the arches. The ride is fine not bumpy at all with them on but might be different o a bus.

thanks for the heads up guys, priced a set of contental 175/55/15s, £110 fitted and balanced, seems fair enough!

Johnny could be interested, slightly concerned about the width? Should clear everything alright??let me know wot your looking for them! Cheers

What width are the BRMs? 4.5" or 5.5" up front. I run 135/70s on mine.

165/45/15 pancho, but the car is at my dads as theres a fault light on :( and i need to sort it before driving it back home. Ill give you a shout tomorrow.

Johnny said:
165/45/15 pancho, but the car is at my dads as theres a fault light on :( and i need to sort it before driving it back home. Ill give you a shout tomorrow.

No problem dude, but I'll def have them of you whenever your sorted! They should look the dogs on! Neil got a set of sprints 145s on, I think I'll take them as a spare set!

Latest posts