wibblers van.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigG

Reaction score
At last , ive figured out how to post a pic :lol: :lol: :lol:
DSC00257.jpg

wibble, what age is your van mate?

im just curious as to how many crossovers came with late front arches and square rear vents.

Its a 72 crossover right hooker. The picture was taken just before taking my daughter and their friends to the school prom ( well anyone can go in a stretch limo) hence the posh looking lass, they are common as muck really. And 'Partners in chrome' sounds good to me.

i dont know that much but im learning. i thought it was flat arches at the front and square vents? what im trying to workout... is there more than one combination?

The combinations abound with the crossover, common features are the rear end but other bits were creeping in throughout its life...

our first ever bus was a crossover....

it had flared front arches, low lights at the front and square vents at the rear, along with square rear lights....oh and early bumpers front and back....

:roll: :roll:

Hey Wibbler the van looks good hope to see you around Suffook soon mate :wink:

Duuuude, how did u post the picture. Its a royal pain in the rectum.!!! =(
Tell me, i have so many pictures to release.!!!

OH .!! AND FOR F**KS SAKE WHAT IS A CROSSOVER???? HERE IN AMERICA WE USE 1 NAME
BAY WINDOW BUS.i WANT TO LEARN MORE FROM U GUYS

Hey dude, try this link.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=602" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

any probs and you could try Aaron or Johnny on here, they will go through it with you.

A crossover describes the 72 models which developed such things as bigger back lights and air intake vents (among other things) but still retained the low front indicators of the earlier models.
A 'crossover' between the early models and the later high front indicator models. There is a thread on here which goes into finer detail about the differences.

Hope that helps a little, and dont forget to post plenty of pics when you figure it out.

ib-bus said:
I'm liking the purple jump seat , comfty isn't it? Nice bus Wibbler.

Thanks, the seat was an improvise ( foot stool out of my living room) so I could get my daughter and her friends to her prom :roll:

Bus looks a bit different now, lower and a little battle scarred as I use it for work quite a bit.

Its going to have a bit of resto work this winter coming, its had a couple of small repairs done in the past with some repro metal and im going to replace with some imported cuts.

25092008280.jpg

Excuse the child labour but no one rides for free :mrgreen:

72 only front arches, 72 only bumper mounts, 72 only rear bumpers, 72 only child slavery :mrgreen: people you`ll freak at the six month only variations on a 72. 72`s Rule i have one myself and due to the recession at that time they are much rarer than a 68...

72 was also the first year that earlybays were fitted out with westy interiors in the uk...i know of about three original ones...the continental came along in 8/72...don`t ask me why as the rest of the world was going so67 crazy but the uk didn`t....miners strike et all?

Latest posts