will this exhaust fit?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lembo

Reaction score
As above has anybody ever used one of these before?,Its for 1600 sinleport Its just to use until i get a stainless steel system built up ive heard mixed reviews about them.

http://www.justkampers.com/shop/type_2_bay/catalog/product/view/id/5001/s/empi-single-quiet-pack-exhaust-kit-air-cooled-j14142-0036550/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lol forgot to insert the link :lol:
http://www.justkampers.com/shop/type_2_bay/catalog/product/view/id/5001/s/empi-single-quiet-pack-exhaust-kit-air-cooled-j14142-0036550/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So putting it bluntly there shit :lol: are there any benefits over a standard muffler?

I've used the empi header with a different muffler to that, to be honest its no better or worse than a bugpack, the thing is its painted to give it some protection in transit only, so if you paint it properly it will probably last longer, as to fitting it I didn't have any problems.

One thing to consider is the heat risers they are not made in the same way as VW intended with one side having a longer tube to create a flow, but thats going to be the same with all aftermarket ones. I think the empi didn't need drilling where as the bugpack does

cyberdyne systems said:
I've used the empi header with a different muffler to that, to be honest its no better or worse than a bugpack, the thing is its painted to give it some protection in transit only, so if you paint it properly it will probably last longer, as to fitting it I didn't have any problems.

One thing to consider is the heat risers they are not made in the same way as VW intended with one side having a longer tube to create a flow, but thats going to be the same with all aftermarket ones. I think the empi didn't need drilling where as the bugpack does

Cheer mate ive bought it now anyway it'll do for now 8)

PAINT IT BEFORE FITTING, sorry only just seen post, fitted mine about 1 year ago, easy enough to fit but chrome / paint finish is c**p, mine is now a nasty shade of rust orange with odd silver black bits!!!!!!

Latest posts