Window lifter channel...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fallingoffalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today when I slammed the driver's door (window was down) there was a clunk noise and the window would no longer wind up.

I took the door-card off and quickly realised the the channel that the glass sits in had come detached from the bracket, which was bolted to the lifter thingy. I have improvised a fix by putting a longer bolt in the bracket that supports the channel, the channel now sits on this longer bolt and hopefully stays put - the existing bolts will lift the glass, but as they are quite short the glass will easily fall off.

Anyway, I have found a replacement lifter channel, but the site says I may also need a lifter channel seal. Anyone know what the seal is for, I can't see a seal in the existing channel?

Is it the rubber that sits inside the channel and grips the window. I had one go and the window would not wind down as the rubber wouldn’t grip it. All the normal places sell them. Or is it the rubber that sits between the door and the glass

thejinx said:
Is it the rubber that sits inside the channel and grips the window. I had one go and the window would not wind down as the rubber wouldn’t grip it. All the normal places sell them. Or is it the rubber that sits between the door and the glass

Ah yes that makes sense, if the window is jammed into the top then it probably needs pulling down. I shall order both the channel and the rubber - it's only £2.50 more.

This is the 'seal'...

https://www.coolairvw.co.uk/Item/Sh...ter/831837565/Window_Lifter_Channel_Seal.html

Latest posts