window seals

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VWAIRCOOLED

Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding some window seals for my 1970 early dormy microbus (factory windows).I need the ones for the drivers side middle and drivers side rear (RHD) I was trying to get them from VW Heritage as they are the only ones who list them specifically for earlybays.The other companies seem to be universal for all years.Apparently the earlybays have slightly different window frames and the later ones are a pig to fit? VW Heritage don't seem to know when they are coming in though and I need some quickly before VW Action next week.

I've just had major problems with the rubbers I've bought from Status :(

I ordered deluxe rubbers to be collected at Dubfreeze back in February but they were out of stock of the 3/4 ones for the back and Barclay said he would get them to me ASAP......... Well it's now August and still no rubbers, so I decided to say sod having opening windows in the back and just go for solid ones still with the deluxe trim - These arrived yesterday....... Woo-Hoo, one happy Welsh man :mrgreen:

Then today, disaster struck........... My mate called around to fit the windows as it would be just my luck that I'd scratch my van!!! The windscreen went in lovely, as snug as a bug in a rug, deluxe trim tastic I thought!!!! The rear hatch was the next to go in but the corners were all wrong, we tried the side windows and again, the corners are all wrong - They look all the world as if the rubbers are too big and make the van look like a panel conversion with the holes cut by a blind cobler............

Status are collecting the rubbers tomorrow to see if they have a faulty batch or something........... I'm just really gutted :|

Sorry, not much help to you I know but I just thought I'd mention it.............

I've been ok with the seals that vw heritage did have in stock.My seals are plain black ones.The rear hatch went in fine,the slider 1/4 and 3/4 where fine but a bit tight,the passenger rear 1/4 and 3/4 where fine but a bit tight.The cab doors where fiddly but ok once I knew the order they went together,I actually put a scratch in the drivers door,but passengers side went fine once I worked out the problems on the drivers side,they have opening front quarters too.Windscreen should go in fine as it's been in before with the same seal which is only a year old. I used some multi purpose grease on the side windows which where tight,someone gave the tip on this forum I think proffesor wheeto which helps a lot.

So I just need the middle and rear seals for the right side now (one piece windows) to finish the job.

Latest posts