windscreen washer problem

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baysdrum

Reaction score
Just topped up the washer bottle and pressurised it to 20psi and water started peeing out of the button on the dash :( and didn't stop till I depressurised it. The centre of the wiper/ washer button looks to be "stuck in". Any advice gratefully recieved! :)

Hiya bays,

Usually, when you experience a leak near the switch the hose is the culprit. However, in your case, since the push buttom seems stuck, I'd guess that you have broken the little "bladder gizmo" the push button rod activates. In any event, I'd be getting under the dash right quick-like and yanking that wiper switch outta there. Water and electricity do not play well together.

Hi, i would agree. Why not try out that thing that was in the volksworld mag as their top tip and put a microswitch to the back of the switch and a 12v pump in the bottle? No more lack of washer......gotta be a thought?? :mrgreen:

WHS^^^ the hose is stretched damned tight on the switch and it splits quite easily once the elasticity has gone, if its the switch then the OG ones are cheap enough, try Tubdub, very helpful and quick to assist ;)

oops billybob beat me to it

I replaced my washer bottle with an electric system, ran the pump from the interior light switch as the light has its own switch so moved the wire onto a permanent fuse and alls good

tubdub one of the members, based in the US and very helpfull sourcing pieces, especially good at hard to locate bits and pieces, good quality and shipping....

Latest posts