Wiper Shaft Nut Cap for US Early Bay 1971 LHD

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CyclingSteve

Reaction score
Folks - I'm trying to track down a cap for the wiper shaft nut on my van - the part on VW Heritage and I suspect JustKampers is the shallower cap for non-US vans it seems and last week my wipers did an excellent ten-to-two clock style dismount after the nut loosened - cap was an unfortunate lost casualty of the whole debacle. Anyone any idea where I can get a replacement?

Here's the wrong part on VWH - https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/133955435/cap-for-wipershaft" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers,

CyclingSteve

As above, a '71 bus should have silver grey arms held in place with a domed silver grey nut. I've never heard of a "shallower cap for non US buses"

vwed said:
As above, a '71 bus should have silver grey arms held in place with a domed silver grey nut. I've never heard of a "shallower cap for non US buses"

WHS

My 71 US bus just has the silver dome nuts.

Maybe someone fitted later wipers to yours?

OK - Here are some pictures to help - these are the wiper arms fitted to my 1971 EB LHD Cali Import..this is what is fitted....

WP_20161127_13_34_26_Pro_zpsykppxvdj.jpg

WP_20161127_13_34_20_Pro_zpsfuixrrta.jpg

CS

That just looks like standard aftermarket (later) black wiper arms with a different nut.

Ive replaced my old silver wipers with the modern black ones and just used the silver nut on them and not bothered with the cap, they look fine.

The new ones come with standard caps. You could just use a normal bolt under the plastic cover assuming the spindle wont touch the cap. Not sure if the spindle would protrude beyond the cap?

Havent got a closeup sorry

DSC_0230_zpsvrpser9x.jpg

Ironically ive got one of the caps on my desk here at work, its 10mm deep in total if this helps?

Latest posts