Wipers do not park?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baycrazy

Reaction score
Hi there,my wipers don,t park,both speeds work but its really annoying trying to judge when to switch em off,wondered if they can be fixed?
Is there a park relay or is it in the motor?

Any advise appreciated cheers Paul

If your wipers are stock there is a park built into the motor internally using "wipe contacts" When you turn off the switch the wipe contacts go on supplying power to the motor until it has turned to the point where the wipe contacts reach a blank part of their track. Then they pick up an earth that grounds the windings making the motor "brake" by magnetically working against itself.

Without power to the slip contacts the wiper motor will just stop anywhere when you turn off the power.

Without the earthing brake the motor will often spin on and the wipe contacts will pick up power again eg. it wont stop.

Theres wiring diagrams on "The Samba" forum if you need. :)

Hiya bay,

If this non-parking issue is a recent development (or even if it isn't) it is possible that your dedicated park electrical connection has come apart. That is worth checking out.

Many thanks guys,Ive had a look now and found the power wire to the slip contacts was dissconnected at the switch,after removing the switch(to gain access)found it was taped up(ie been disconnented)After re-connection they now park but in the middle of the screen?Obviously if i put the arms on lower they would wipe down my front panel before coming back and doing the bottom of the screen :x
Anyone had there wipers parking in the wrong place,or know if there is a fix for this,many thanks Paul

Latest posts