Wire Identification

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPBerry2011

Reaction score
Hi.

Wondering if anyone can help. There is a black wire that comes into the engine bay (from right side as you look into engine bay) with the wire for the oil pressure switch (blue). It is incased in the same pvc harness as the oil pressure switch wire. Where does this black wire connect to? I think it might be the coil but could be wrong. The label I put on has come off and i can't figure out where it should go...please help!

Cheers.

Chris.

As others have stated, the black cable from the loom goes to the coil, and one of the two spade connectors, and it does matter which one! On Bosch coils and similar the 2 low tension spade terminals are DIN marked '15' and '1' respectively - the black cable needs to go to the 15 terminal. On many aftermarket coils the terminals are marked '+' and '-' so the black cable goes to the + terminal. As I'm sure someone will quickly point out they have connected the coil the opposite way round to the above, and it works fine! Yes, it will work, but if the two primary coil connections are connected the wrong way round, the high tension output is slightly reduced.
Peter Good

Latest posts